Marshmallow finally here!

NuclearDreams

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
It's finally here!

Today my Tab S 10.5 LTE auto updated to Marshmallow.

I bought the tablet without a carrier, so I don't know when other tablets with carriers will get the update.

Last edited:

NuclearDreams

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
In Germany Samsung is currently updating the LTE versions.

When I sent an email to Samsung Germany in July this is part of the response I received.

Actually our software developers are testing the Android 6 Marshmallow firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE. At this stage we can not mention detailed information or a fix date for the roll out of the update. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

They specifically mentioned the LTE version and not the wifi Tab S. Still not sure if this was deliberate. Hopefully they will update all versions of the Tab S.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has started rollout for the SM-700 (that is, the Tab S 8.4 Wifi) so it shouldn't be long now before it gets to the Tab S 10.5 Wifi as well.

patty1955

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I received the Marshmallow update on my Samsung Tab S 8.4 (SM-T700) yesterday! Now, if they will just release it for the 10 incher, I'll be even happier

Terry Stiffler

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Got it this morning for the 10.5 WiFi 32GB(US). Funny story though. This morning I sat down with my coffee, opened my tablet and began my usual routine...checking to see if there was an update available. I'm so used to disappointment that it took a second for it to register that it was downloading marshmallow!
Woohoo!
Then the ironic part occurred. I had forgotten to charge the damn tablet! It had only 1% charge remaining. As I was debating canceling the download until it had more juice, Samsung decided for me and it shut off...right in the middle of the download!
So here I am STILL waiting for the update lol. Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed...

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow, the main reason I wanted this was for the adoptable storage since I only have 16gb of storage. Samsung didn't include adoptable storage in their marshmallow build. :)

filmlovr

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Wow, the main reason I wanted this was for the adoptable storage since I only have 16gb of storage. Samsung didn't include adoptable storage in their marshmallow build. :)

That was the main reason I wanted the upgrade too. Have you been able to confirm that this is definitely not possible? I've been looking at how to change the default storage for a couple of hours now, but am reluctant to format my sd card and find I only have the portable storage option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21