T807A Recovery Help

unchained515

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently purchased a Tab S 10.5 off of eBay from a seller that said they'd messed up a custom ROM installation and with a cursory amount of research I saw that it was possible to return it to factory and had no issue putting in the leg work to get it done. However, I'm finding that my own knowledge of rooting and custom ROMs isn't sufficient for this situation now that I've gotten stuck into it. The tablet shows the Tab S logo and then immediately displays a message that says the software isn't official ATT and to return to a store for assistance. When I try to boot into the recovery menu I'm met with a screen that has a large android and says, 'Downloading...' and I can't get any further there either.

I've tried flashing recovery files with Odin but they have all failed and have also tried the Turkish image and it just sits at, '<ID:0/004> SetupConnection.." and doesn't initialize.

I've also gotten a, 'NAND StartWrite FAIL!!' notice as well.

I got the thing for a steal and would love it if it were possible to return it to factory and was just curious what kind of options I had at this point. Are there any program alternatives to Odin or different recovery files to use mayhaps?

I'm wondering if buying a new logic board would fix the issue at this point but, wanted to double check that it wouldn't cause any differing problems than the issue I'm experiencing now.

Edit: Odin finally got passed the, 'SetupConnection' line for the Turkish image and displayed this next: '<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.' - This is the first time it's displayed this message and I'm not sure what to do about this either.

unchained515

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Well, it looks like I bought a brick. Nothing has worked to get the OS back operational.

The last time I tried to flash it the screen did change from, 'unauthorized software' to, 'firmware error' so that might be progress. How do I go about getting it from the firmware error to normal operation?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It should be able to accept the file that was on XDA. You got a message about com port that you mentioned earlier in the thread. Try a different cable/USB socket