How do you remove live demo mode if "Retail App" can't be found?

power-metalbender

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy tab s that my dad got from his friend who owns a gadget shop. I want to do a factory reset but it wont let me because it's in live demo mode. ive tried different methods like switching it off then holding the power button, volume up button and home button at once but it only says "mdm wont allow factory reset". Also, i've tried to do the method wherein you go to the retail app and input a password but I cant even find the retail app anywhere! What should I do? It's frustrating me because its preventing me from updating the android version and using all of the device's features like the fingerprint scanner. plus, there are so many junk files and cookies i cant delete and it's preventing me from installing apps. Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Galaxy Tab forum (which was for the original Tab) to the Tab S 10.5 forum (let me know if it's actually the 8.4" version).

It's most likely a floor model that had a special demo ROM installed. You'd have to replace that ROM with the standard firmware. See if you can do it with Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair