Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts

Default Get this now or wait?

I have a few products that i would want. This Tablet or the 10.1 version , Next Note 10.1 version and the next Ipads. If they announce a new note 10.1 this year with the AMOLED screen i would love that option. As far as the IPad is concerned I don't like the 4:3 Aspect ratio but I am considering the next IPad mini since it feels the most comfortable tablet in my hand to read books or magazines for a long period of time.

Global Posts
    30,971 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Get this now or wait?

This doesn't seem like a bad choice in a tablet. If I were in the market this would be one I would consider.

It is almost a certainty that Samsung will release a new Note tablet with SuperAMOLED later this year.

Sadly that's not the case this is the last tablet release we will see for them. Like I said the note 2014 is re branded and now note pro 10.1, the specs make it equal with that of the other tab pros. So no note 2015

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by SAMmarked1 View Post
    Sadly that's not the case this is the last tablet release we will see for them. Like I said the note 2014 is re branded and now note pro 10.1, the specs make it equal with that of the other tab pros. So no note 2015

care to make a friendly wager? We're only half way into 2014 and Samsung has plenty more time to release new tablets.

Lol it would be an unfair bet .. I work for Samsung sales and marketing. I promise u no more tablets (iconic) like note or tab - we have one more kids tablet update coming.

Lol it would be an unfair bet .. I work for Samsung sales and marketing. I promise u no more tablets (iconic) like note or tab - we have one more kids tablet update coming.

That's really hard to believe. But since you work for Samsung, I'll take your word. Can I have that in writing, please? Just have it on a piece of paper and notarized. I'll pay for the postage and notary fee.

That's the beauty of the Internet .. am I lying or is it true lol? Do you have kik? I can give you some proof if you want, I tell you what If you pay the postage I will even send you a Tab S shirt.

That's the beauty of the Internet .. am I lying or is it true lol? Do you have kik? I can give you some proof if you want, I tell you what If you pay the postage I will even send you a Tab S shirt.

I was only kidding around. I'll take your word for it.

I love Samsung, but I'm not about to walking around in a Tab S shirt and become free advertising for Samsung. Although I accomplish the same by walking around with my Samsung phones/tablets. My last few phones/tablets have all been Samsung products. Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S5.... and soon, Galaxy Note 4(hopefully by the end of this year?) Yeah... I'm hopeless.

I posted my avatar pic with shirt, lanyard, bus cards etc. (Didn't know it would not let u click to see the whole image) Dang.. your too smart to advertise for us lol. I must apologize that you had the charge and fascinate, this was way before I came to the company. When the Galaxy line was introduced they hit the stride but it took android being more stable to make it happen. Jelly bean was by far the smoothest of the running androids up to that date. Do you have a tracking number or know if your tab S has been shipped? I will have mine tomorrow, I'll post pics.

I posted my avatar pic with shirt, lanyard, bus cards etc. (Didn't know it would not let u click to see the whole image) Dang.. your too smart to advertise for us lol. I must apologize that you had the charge and fascinate, this was way before I came to the company. When the Galaxy line was introduced they hit the stride but it took android being more stable to make it happen. Jelly bean was by far the smoothest of the running androids up to that date. Do you have a tracking number or know if your tab S has been shipped? I will have mine tomorrow, I'll post pics.

As much as I love Samsung, I think it's only fair to let you know that I am also a fan of Apple. There is a 50/50 chance that I will take my business to Apple if the iPhone 6 5.5-inch model becomes reality. Two of my lines will become upgrade eligible in October and December.

To be perfectly frank, I don't blindly follow a company... I vote with my money. Whichever company comes up with the most desirable product gets my vote. (Samsung, Apple, or any other manufacturer) I think this is the best way to ensure that manufacturers keep improving their products to win the hearts of the consumers.

I pre-ordered my Tab S 8.4 from Amazon because I had $400 in gift cards. Unfortunately, they just sent me an email informing of a delay. It is now showing July 7. Oh well....

I totally agree with you I don't follow companies blindly either. I actually don't mind you 50/50 with apple, I worked for Apple before this anyway. They stopped being innovative and steve jobs died, I jumped ship bc they lost it. The bigger iphone is going to be a reality, hopefully they just add some amazing stuff.
    So sorry to hear about the delay, It's good to hear the tablet is in such high demand though. I'm hoping it will live up to the hype and that they keep the software from being buggy. If they can be solid in software like apple they would gain so many more users.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

man I was so stoked ready to give up my mini retina for this tablet s 8.4 but when I went to samsung today to play with the demo I was dissapointed. Screen was amazing but when I was using multi window and sliding pages it was a little bit of stutter. Its got me worried and I'm hoping they have a google play version of this because I really like this tablet. Btw this tablet is incredibly thin, was shocked at how thin and light it was.

I totally agree with you I don't follow companies blindly either. I actually don't mind you 50/50 with apple, I worked for Apple before this anyway. They stopped being innovative and steve jobs died, I jumped ship bc they lost it. The bigger iphone is going to be a reality, hopefully they just add some amazing stuff.
    So sorry to hear about the delay, It's good to hear the tablet is in such high demand though. I'm hoping it will live up to the hype and that they keep the software from being buggy. If they can be solid in software like apple they would gain so many more users.

#1 question that most car buyer ask themselves... "will this car help get me laid more often?" Oh wait, am I the only one thinking this when inside a new car showroom or the autoshow?

#1 question that should be on any Android device buyer's mind is: "will this Android phone(or tablet) run as smooth as iPhones or ipads?"

At this very moment, I am an Android fanboy and I hate Apple. Sadly, I still have not seen an Android device that runs as smoothly as iPhones/iPads. Android OS still feels like a work-in-progress. Having said that, I'm picking up my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SuperAMOLED tablet tomorrow!(decided not to wait for Amazon's delayed pre-order) When I played with it at the Best Buy store, it clearly was still not as smooth as the iPad. Same thing with my other Samsung tablets or the Nexus 7.

Keep mind those devices have retail mode that is buggy and glitchy, you never get true performance from it. You always have 15 days or so to return it if u don't love it.
    Pigieon- I also agree with you that android is not smooth as ios. Sadly it is because IOS is locked down and android is open apps can control EVERY part of the phone. It's easy to dl a glitchy app that eats too much ram or is miscoded and causes an issue to the whole thing.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by outlawz89 View Post
    man I was so stoked ready to give up my mini retina for this tablet s 8.4 but when I went to samsung today to play with the demo I was dissapointed. Screen was amazing but when I was using multi window and sliding pages it was a little bit of stutter. Its got me worried and I'm hoping they have a google play version of this because I really like this tablet. Btw this tablet is incredibly thin, was shocked at how thin and light it was.
    Buy it from Amazon Really good Return policy as long as you don't abuse it
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts

I really want the 10.5 But this 8.4 inch keeps drawing me back.. Guess ill just pick which ever one i feel like buying at the moment at Bestbuy

I have a $200 dollar signup bonus with my Credit card so it will cost me $200 less for which ever one i buy