Best Buy already has the Tab S 10.5 with 32GB, will there be a Tab S 8.4 with 32GB in the US?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy already has the Tab S 10.5 with 32GB for pre-order on their website.
$549($50 more than the $499 16GB version) It's marked as a Best Buy exclusive
and only available in black.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-32gb/7093009.p?id=1219250430282&skuId=7093009&st=categoryid$pcmcat209000050008&cp=1&lp=5

Will there be a Tab S 8.4 with 32GB in the US?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
And I refuse to shop at Best Buy due to horrible experiences. But for this, I might not have a choice.

I also had an unpleasant experience recently at my local Best Buy store. It was eventually resolved, but left a bad taste in my mouth. I sent an email to Best Buy corporate. Two days later, I got a very nice reply apologizing for my experience and they promised to look into the incident. They also mailed me a $50 Best Buy gift card for my troubles. The gift card was unnecessary and unexpected, but who am I to turn down $50 free money? :) I used it to buy a very nice $50 Amazon gift card at the store a few days later. :)

If you have a complaint about an experience at your local Best Buy, I suggest you do the same. Best Buy is pretty good at resolving customer service issues these days. (as long as your complaint doesn't end up in the wrong hands)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I also had an unpleasant experience recently at my local Best Buy store. It was eventually resolved, but left a bad taste in my mouth. I sent an email to Best Buy corporate. Two days later, I got a very nice reply apologizing for my experience and they promised to look into the incident. They also mailed me a $50 Best Buy gift card for my troubles. The gift card was unnecessary and unexpected, but who am I to turn down $50 free money? :) I used it to buy a very nice $50 Amazon gift card at the store a few days later. :)

If you have a complaint about an experience at your local Best Buy, I suggest you do the same. Best Buy is pretty good at resolving customer service issues these days. (as long as your complaint doesn't end up in the wrong hands)

Didn't happen for me. I just got the "sorry, nothing we can do here"

Is there others in your area? I have about 7-10 I can go to (nyc) and the service is pretty good at all if them

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
There are a few but the best one is in NH for me. They have been good for me but it's an hour drive.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Didn't happen for me. I just got the "sorry, nothing we can do here"

There are a few but the best one is in NH for me. They have been good for me but it's an hour drive.
Do you go to that area regularly? If so I would just wait till your in the area and buy it there. Best buy gets a pretty bad rep Imo. Some stores will be bad since you can't expect every store to have great employees specially when pay is so low and having to deal with so many customers where some might be really rude. I love best buy rewards considering it's free where you basically get $5 for every $250 spent which is decent if you buy a lot of big ticket items there.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No. I only go when my buddy needs to go there for something.

And most of them near me do not know what they are talking about.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy already has the Tab S 10.5 with 32GB for pre-order on their website.
$549($50 more than the $499 16GB version) It's marked as a Best Buy exclusive
and only available in black.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-32gb/7093009.p?id=1219250430282&skuId=7093009&st=categoryid$pcmcat209000050008&cp=1&lp=5

Will there be a Tab S 8.4 with 32GB in the US?

I went to the link you posted and don't see anything mentioned about Tab S in Black ?????

Can't find a "Black" Tab S mentioned anywhere either on BB site or anywhere else online.

I want this Tab S,,, but not to found of white or the bronze color,,,,, where are you seeing it listed in Black ???

Cheers
Davyo

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
If u look the 32 gb tab s up on the website you can see from the pics it is not bronze or white. It looks like a black with silver ring or metal around It. I'm still trying to confirm that it is black as well.

Posted via Android Central App

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking everywhere that has it listed right now and every place I'm looking at (in Canada) only has the 16GB model listed. I will only buy it if I can get it in 32. Pretty disappointing that they don't seem to want to offer the more sensible storage option at launch.

I'm also kinda pissed because Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada are offering a pre order bonus getting a free book cover with it at purchase. But I just can't bring myself to buy a 16GB tablet in 2014.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking everywhere that has it listed right now and every place I'm looking at (in Canada) only has the 16GB model listed. I will only buy it if I can get it in 32. Pretty disappointing that they don't seem to want to offer the more sensible storage option at launch.

I'm also kinda pissed because Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada are offering a pre order bonus getting a free book cover with it at purchase. But I just can't bring myself to buy a 16GB tablet in 2014.
On the US best buy is selling a 32 gb exclusively

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have confirmed the tab S only comes in bronze or white not black. I have them both here in front of me. The bronze is actually really sharp in person, I didn't think I would like it.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the 16gb Note 10.1 2014. For me, the 16 is more than enough. I store large files like movies and music on my 32gb microsd card. And even with KitKat, the data from some large apps can indeed be stored on the SD card. I think that there are a lot of misconceptions about sd card support in KitKat.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the 16gb Note 10.1 2014. For me, the 16 is more than enough. I store large files like movies and music on my 32gb microsd card. And even with KitKat, the data from some large apps can indeed be stored on the SD card. I think that there are a lot of misconceptions about sd card support in KitKat.

I completely agree with you about the part with how SD cards work in Kitkat. People are freaking out more than they should. It doesn't work like it used to and in some cases that means some apps can't work like they used to, but overall the change is better for Android.

As for the built in storage, the way I look at it if I'm spending $400+ on something that I'm going to have for at least 2 years I want more than 16GB. I know a few people who bought the 8GB N4 and regretted it a year later because at the time they said 8GB is more than enough and they wont' use more than a couple GB of data and their phones filled up. And yes the SD card argument can be made but that's beside the point I'm making.

Basically buying 32GB is looking at how I'm going to be using the device in 18-24 months and the answer being "I have no idea so I might as well spend the extra $50 to give the device a better chance of being more usable"

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I work for Samsung so i change tablets like shirts lol. I always have a device for like 3 months then it gets thrown in a pile or sold. The tab S i believe will be different I see nothing better coming out until samsung releases the flexible tablet next year. I agree though about 16 gbs- see they really want to push cloud so they have to keep the onboard memory low.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
In the pipeline their is no refresh coming- they re branded the note 2014 to the note pro 10.1 with addition of Hancom office. The note 2014 is equal in specs of all the tab pros so it makes sense. They are all 4 million pixels, dual quad-core, kit kat, and 8 mp cameras. From what I have heard tab S is the last of the iconic tablet launches for this year. All focus including mine shifts to the Note 4. We will most likely not see another tablet until the flexible/foldable in 2015. I personally would LOVE to see a tab S 8.4 and 10.5 with the Spen.