Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Planning to buy Tab S 8.4 also a memory Card. But up to what class can it support? Can Tab S 8.4 support UHS-1 U-1 types of memory card? or just stick to UHS-1 Class 10?

    Thanks.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Class 10 128gig

    Jim Lloyd
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimlloyd40 View Post
    Class 10 128gig

    Jim Lloyd
    So don't buy Class U-1? Currently in bestbuy U-1 is on sale for 35$ and Class 10 is 25$ I can stretch some 10 dollar to have a faster SD card but it's non sense if the tablet can't use all that speed.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  4. #4  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,056 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    So don't buy Class U-1? Currently in bestbuy U-1 is on sale for 35$ and Class 10 is 25$ I can stretch some 10 dollar to have a faster SD card but it's non sense if the tablet can't use all that speed.
    Considering Samsung themselves is offering UHS-I Grade1, Class 10 on both the Pro and Evo line of their own Micro SD cards I would assume they would make Tablets that utilize them... Honestly I am considering buying another Samsung Pro 64GB Micro SD card to go along with my note 3 since i have an old SanDisck one with is the ultra series i believe with only 38 Mb's read speeds.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Considering Samsung themselves is offering UHS-I Grade1, Class 10 on both the Pro and Evo line of their own Micro SD cards I would assume they would make Tablets that utilize them... Honestly I am considering buying another Samsung Pro 64GB Micro SD card to go along with my note 3 since i have an old SanDisck one with is the ultra series i believe with only 38 Mb's read speeds.
    Sorry forgot to mention that those memory cards are Sandisk. Both 32gb, 35$ is Extreme Pro while 25$ is Ultra.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  6. #6  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,056 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention that those memory cards are Sandisk. Both 32gb, 35$ is Extreme Pro while 25$ is Ultra.
    My comment still Stands ... It is all standards that they abide to

    At least here in the states Amazon is selling the Samsung pro 32GB for $33.99
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    can anybody confirm what the max micro sd card size i can use in the tab s 8.4? 128gb or 64gb? And im guessing class 10 should be ok....?

    Sent using tapatalk on Samsung Galaxy Tab S
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    The Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 both accept up to 128gb micro sd cards.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Quote Originally Posted by tonebones View Post
    The Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 both accept up to 128gb micro sd cards.
    i know that. But up to what class? Does it have a maximum read/write? I'm asking this because if the devices can only read/write at 50mbps there is no need buying a 80mbps read/write memory card.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  10. #10  
    Yk Chin's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    This is a slightly different situation. I have tried both ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB) & ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) on my Tab S 8.4 (T700). My observation so far:

    1. I copied some movie files into my ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB). I can easily transfer any files from the SD card to the phone memory & vice versa without using the USB cable. I can also easily delete any files in the SD card without using the USB cable.

    2. However, as for the ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) it's a different case, I can't transfer any files. Neither can I delete any files without using the USB cable! The only way to transfer & delete files in the SD card is by using a USB cable tru my laptop. This is very annoying & inconvenient.

    Has anyone encountered similar situation?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Up to what class of memory card Tab S 8.4 can support?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yk Chin View Post
    This is a slightly different situation. I have tried both ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB) & ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) on my Tab S 8.4 (T700). My observation so far:

    1. I copied some movie files into my ScanDisk Ultra UHS-1 Class 10 (64GB). I can easily transfer any files from the SD card to the phone memory & vice versa without using the USB cable. I can also easily delete any files in the SD card without using the USB cable.

    2. However, as for the ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 (64GB) it's a different case, I can't transfer any files. Neither can I delete any files without using the USB cable! The only way to transfer & delete files in the SD card is by using a USB cable tru my laptop. This is very annoying & inconvenient.

    Has anyone encountered similar situation?
    Haven't experienced this. Sorry.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

    Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Similar Threads

  1. What Texting App Are You Using on LG G2?
    By Andrew Lima in forum LG G2
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 06:41 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 01:31 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 06:56 AM
  4. What to do about sync'ing everything?
    By VanBCguy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:51 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions