Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can Galaxy Tab S play Mp4 video?

I upgraded from the older 8.4 Tab to this new Amoled screen/Octo-core processor. On the older 8.4 I could easily remove the memory card from my Go Pro camera and view any mp4 (default codec) video without converting anything!! However, after upgrading using the same Go Pro, same settings and memory card I can no longer view Mp4 videos. I can hear the sounds but no video. Get an error message saying the codec is not compatible.

Any ideas? I called Samsung and they couldn't help at all...only difference I can think is going from Kit Kat 4.4.2 on my older tab, to Kit Kat 4.4.4 on the Tab S something in the video player codec changed

Default Re: Can Galaxy Tab S play Mp4 video?

Quote Originally Posted by sjcrespo11 View Post
    I upgraded from the older 8.4 Tab to this new Amoled screen/Octo-core processor. On the older 8.4 I could easily remove the memory card from my Go Pro camera and view any mp4 (default codec) video without converting anything!! However, after upgrading using the same Go Pro, same settings and memory card I can no longer view Mp4 videos. I can hear the sounds but no video. Get an error message saying the codec is not compatible.

Any ideas? I called Samsung and they couldn't help at all...only difference I can think is going from Kit Kat 4.4.2 on my older tab, to Kit Kat 4.4.4 on the Tab S something in the video player codec changed
    As far as i know Tab S is still 4.4.2
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Default Re: Can Galaxy Tab S play Mp4 video?

Try BS Player in software mode.