Can Galaxy Tab S play Mp4 video?

sjcrespo11

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from the older 8.4 Tab to this new Amoled screen/Octo-core processor. On the older 8.4 I could easily remove the memory card from my Go Pro camera and view any mp4 (default codec) video without converting anything!! However, after upgrading using the same Go Pro, same settings and memory card I can no longer view Mp4 videos. I can hear the sounds but no video. Get an error message saying the codec is not compatible.

Any ideas? I called Samsung and they couldn't help at all...only difference I can think is going from Kit Kat 4.4.2 on my older tab, to Kit Kat 4.4.4 on the Tab S something in the video player codec changed :(

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the older 8.4 Tab to this new Amoled screen/Octo-core processor. On the older 8.4 I could easily remove the memory card from my Go Pro camera and view any mp4 (default codec) video without converting anything!! However, after upgrading using the same Go Pro, same settings and memory card I can no longer view Mp4 videos. I can hear the sounds but no video. Get an error message saying the codec is not compatible.

Any ideas? I called Samsung and they couldn't help at all...only difference I can think is going from Kit Kat 4.4.2 on my older tab, to Kit Kat 4.4.4 on the Tab S something in the video player codec changed :(

As far as i know Tab S is still 4.4.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar