Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aaimbrogno
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I get the Galaxy Tab S????

Hi everyone! I am having so much trouble deciding what tablet I want to get and I'm looking for opinions.

I traded my old iPad 2 in to Amazon (along with some other electronic devices and books I don't use anymore) because I didn't like how big it was and I wanted to get a smaller tablet, around 8 inches.

At first I was sold on the Galaxy Tab S, because of the AMOLED screen and it's the latest with all the newest specs, etc. I also really like how you can have two apps open at once and can drag and drop from one to the other. I could get a lot of use out of that.

THEN I realized the Note tablets would be a lot more useful to me. My boss frequently asks me to take notes and then later type them up, so it would be really useful to have the feature. I'd also just like a more streamlined and feature-rich way to take notes.

Unfortunately the Note options are the new 10.1, which has everything I want except the AMOLED screen, but it's waaaaaayyy too big, and would have defeated the purpose of trading in my iPad to begin with. So the only other option is the Note 8.0, which as far as I know, unless it came with the KitKat update, doesn't have the drag and drop from one app to another feature, has an old outdated screen, and I don't like the idea of paying money for something that old in the technology world. I'd rather pay more to have the newer device with better options.

So then I'm back to the Galaxy tab S, and I know that I CAN take notes on it with a stylus, I just can't covert them to type and it's not that easy.

What would anyone suggest that I get? And what experiences have people had with the Note technology, particularly the converting to text (may not be the right forum to ask that part of the question). People who already have the Galaxy S had a reason to buy it, so I'd like to hear what you think!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Should I get the Galaxy Tab S????

Oh and I thought about just waiting to see if they release a new Note around 8 inches, but I really want it before I go on vacation in August. I guess I could always trade up again, but I don't want to spend more money.

I have the tablet and I think it's excellent. The screen is really really nice go for it!

Posted via Android Central App

I love mine. Think its a great tablet and am sure there is some sort of note taking ability, albeit not as much as with the s pen. If you don't wanna wait, the tab s is a great option
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have narrowed it down to the Note 8 and the Galaxy Tab S. There definitely is a notetaking app for the S, it's just not as advanced as the Note tablets. I'm going to go see them in person on Wednesday and maybe I'll be able to make up my mind! But you guys are swaying me toward Galaxy Tab S