Any of you experienced overheating on your Tab S 8.4? Wi-Fi Only (Exynos Processor)

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My 8.4 gets pretty warm but not overheat per say. The back of my tablet is warped though in 3 spots. I bought mine from Samsung direct and was told to RMA it after I sent in pics. Questions is how to determine when I buy a new one at say a retail store if they have the batch that has the production issue, or not. Samsung couldn't answer that either.

Mobzy01

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hiya can you please help me find out if the tab S 8.4 supports the On The Go cable which lets you copy from the tab to a USB drive.

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well my back didn't have the warping in the beginning. I think the heat is what caused the "defective" backs to dimple inward.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I experienced a hard lock-up the other day. Holding the power button down to force a shutdown/reboot did nothing. It would only turn the screen on and off (which was completely frozen). After about 30 minutes, I was finally able to force into download mode, somehow. I was able to reboot from there and it's been running fine since. It didn't feel like it was overheating at the time, at least not the front of the tablet, but I also have it in a case with a hard back that would act as a thermal insulator anyways. Now I'm going to have to take it out of the case and check the back for damage!

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My 8.4 gets pretty warm but not overheat per say. The back of my tablet is warped though in 3 spots. I bought mine from Samsung direct and was told to RMA it after I sent in pics. Questions is how to determine when I buy a new one at say a retail store if they have the batch that has the production issue, or not. Samsung couldn't answer that either.

so it's already warped on the first day?

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I experienced a hard lock-up the other day. Holding the power button down to force a shutdown/reboot did nothing. It would only turn the screen on and off (which was completely frozen). After about 30 minutes, I was finally able to force into download mode, somehow. I was able to reboot from there and it's been running fine since. It didn't feel like it was overheating at the time, at least not the front of the tablet, but I also have it in a case with a hard back that would act as a thermal insulator anyways. Now I'm going to have to take it out of the case and check the back for damage!

How about while using it? Playing games etc. Also, did you already see the back of your device now? Does it have warp?

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice it the first day, but again i wasn't looking for the wrapped back. Day I got it i put a Samsung smart case on it and only decided to check after i read the articles to see if mine had the warping on the back, which it did. I just ordered a new one from Samsung. First thing ill do is check it when I get it and keep watching to see if it warps after time of extensive 3d game playing.

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I did..RMA and they will refund. I purchased a new one in hopes that I don't get another one with any issues with the back panel. Im just out a screen protector and time wasted dealing with this.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't notice it the first day, but again i wasn't looking for the wrapped back. Day I got it i put a Samsung smart case on it and only decided to check after i read the articles to see if mine had the warping on the back, which it did. I just ordered a new one from Samsung. First thing ill do is check it when I get it and keep watching to see if it warps after time of extensive 3d game playing.

Can you please keep me updated?

Samsung just release a statement the other day saying you can send it back for repairs

Can you provide me the link? Thanks.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
How about while using it? Playing games etc. Also, did you already see the back of your device now? Does it have warp?

Checked last night, no warping. It gets warm while using it, but nothing that I would consider to be unusually warm/hot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got my new Tab S 2 days ago and still have my first one. Comparing the 2 the new one has no dents/warping. Noticed w things as well. The build quality of the buttons, especially the volume ones are better. Ill see if te back panel warps again over time. Still can't seem to get the flash notifications to work though..boo.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got my new Tab S 2 days ago and still have my first one. Comparing the 2 the new one has no dents/warping. Noticed w things as well. The build quality of the buttons, especially the volume ones are better. Ill see if te back panel warps again over time. Still can't seem to get the flash notifications to work though..boo.

Just keep me updated. Thank you very much.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I do not have any issues with my device. Does not get warm for me, and have no issues with the back getting all weird. I bought mine from best buy. Wonder if samsung got a bad batch or something?

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So just to share with everyone after comparing my first Tab S and the second one Samsung shipped me. With both running clean factory resets the First Tab S with the warped back is hot in one spot . If you are looking at the tablets back its on the middle left side of the tablet. The 2nd Tab S at most gets warm when running 3d games. There obviously is a big difference in the heat both these tablets put out. I wonder if Samsung throttled down something or added more insulation to the back? Whatever Samsung did, my 2nd Tab S is working operating better than my first one.Just sharing my observations. Shipping the first one back to Samsung.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
So just to share with everyone after comparing my first Tab S and the second one Samsung shipped me. With both running clean factory resets the First Tab S with the warped back is hot in one spot . If you are looking at the tablets back its on the middle left side of the tablet. The 2nd Tab S at most gets warm when running 3d games. There obviously is a big difference in the heat both these tablets put out. I wonder if Samsung throttled down something or added more insulation to the back? Whatever Samsung did, my 2nd Tab S is working operating better than my first one.Just sharing my observations. Shipping the first one back to Samsung.

can you draw a circle on the specific location that your first tab s 8.4 got bumps? here a back photo.

Attachments

• samsung_galaxy_tab_s_8_4_3.jpg
    samsung_galaxy_tab_s_8_4_3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 24