Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any of you experienced overheating on your Tab S 8.4? Wi-Fi Only (Exynos Processor)

I did some reading and i have found this... Any of you also had experienced overheating or the back of your device has deformed?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/case-samsun...-cover-damage/
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Any of you experienced overheating on your Tab S 8.4? Wi-Fi Only (Exynos Processor)

UP!
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Re: Any of you experienced overheating on your Tab S 8.4? Wi-Fi Only (Exynos Processor)

My 8.4 gets pretty warm but not overheat per say. The back of my tablet is warped though in 3 spots. I bought mine from Samsung direct and was told to RMA it after I sent in pics. Questions is how to determine when I buy a new one at say a retail store if they have the batch that has the production issue, or not. Samsung couldn't answer that either.

Global Posts
    10,072 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

Open it in store.

Hiya can you please help me find out if the tab S 8.4 supports the On The Go cable which lets you copy from the tab to a USB drive.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Well my back didn't have the warping in the beginning. I think the heat is what caused the "defective" backs to dimple inward.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Both are rooted, stock

I experienced a hard lock-up the other day. Holding the power button down to force a shutdown/reboot did nothing. It would only turn the screen on and off (which was completely frozen). After about 30 minutes, I was finally able to force into download mode, somehow. I was able to reboot from there and it's been running fine since. It didn't feel like it was overheating at the time, at least not the front of the tablet, but I also have it in a case with a hard back that would act as a thermal insulator anyways. Now I'm going to have to take it out of the case and check the back for damage!
    Rhoq
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by coolesnce View Post
    My 8.4 gets pretty warm but not overheat per say. The back of my tablet is warped though in 3 spots. I bought mine from Samsung direct and was told to RMA it after I sent in pics. Questions is how to determine when I buy a new one at say a retail store if they have the batch that has the production issue, or not. Samsung couldn't answer that either.
    so it's already warped on the first day?
    Phone:

Tablet:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoq View Post
    I experienced a hard lock-up the other day. Holding the power button down to force a shutdown/reboot did nothing. It would only turn the screen on and off (which was completely frozen). After about 30 minutes, I was finally able to force into download mode, somehow. I was able to reboot from there and it's been running fine since. It didn't feel like it was overheating at the time, at least not the front of the tablet, but I also have it in a case with a hard back that would act as a thermal insulator anyways. Now I'm going to have to take it out of the case and check the back for damage!
    How about while using it? Playing games etc. Also, did you already see the back of your device now? Does it have warp?
    Phone:

Tablet:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I didn't notice it the first day, but again i wasn't looking for the wrapped back. Day I got it i put a Samsung smart case on it and only decided to check after i read the articles to see if mine had the warping on the back, which it did. I just ordered a new one from Samsung. First thing ill do is check it when I get it and keep watching to see if it warps after time of extensive 3d game playing.

Samsung just release a statement the other day saying you can send it back for repairs

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Thats what I did..RMA and they will refund. I purchased a new one in hopes that I don't get another one with any issues with the back panel. Im just out a screen protector and time wasted dealing with this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I didn't notice it the first day, but again i wasn't looking for the wrapped back. Day I got it i put a Samsung smart case on it and only decided to check after i read the articles to see if mine had the warping on the back, which it did. I just ordered a new one from Samsung. First thing ill do is check it when I get it and keep watching to see if it warps after time of extensive 3d game playing.
    Can you please keep me updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Miongdroid View Post
    Samsung just release a statement the other day saying you can send it back for repairs
    Can you provide me the link? Thanks.
    Phone:

Tablet:

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Both are rooted, stock

Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    How about while using it? Playing games etc. Also, did you already see the back of your device now? Does it have warp?
    Checked last night, no warping. It gets warm while using it, but nothing that I would consider to be unusually warm/hot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk
    Rhoq

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Will do

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Just got my new Tab S 2 days ago and still have my first one. Comparing the 2 the new one has no dents/warping. Noticed w things as well. The build quality of the buttons, especially the volume ones are better. Ill see if te back panel warps again over time. Still can't seem to get the flash notifications to work though..boo.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Just got my new Tab S 2 days ago and still have my first one. Comparing the 2 the new one has no dents/warping. Noticed w things as well. The build quality of the buttons, especially the volume ones are better. Ill see if te back panel warps again over time. Still can't seem to get the flash notifications to work though..boo.
    Just keep me updated. Thank you very much.
    Phone:

Tablet:

I do not have any issues with my device. Does not get warm for me, and have no issues with the back getting all weird. I bought mine from best buy. Wonder if samsung got a bad batch or something?

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

So just to share with everyone after comparing my first Tab S and the second one Samsung shipped me. With both running clean factory resets the First Tab S with the warped back is hot in one spot . If you are looking at the tablets back its on the middle left side of the tablet. The 2nd Tab S at most gets warm when running 3d games. There obviously is a big difference in the heat both these tablets put out. I wonder if Samsung throttled down something or added more insulation to the back? Whatever Samsung did, my 2nd Tab S is working operating better than my first one.Just sharing my observations. Shipping the first one back to Samsung.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

So just to share with everyone after comparing my first Tab S and the second one Samsung shipped me. With both running clean factory resets the First Tab S with the warped back is hot in one spot . If you are looking at the tablets back its on the middle left side of the tablet. The 2nd Tab S at most gets warm when running 3d games. There obviously is a big difference in the heat both these tablets put out. I wonder if Samsung throttled down something or added more insulation to the back? Whatever Samsung did, my 2nd Tab S is working operating better than my first one.Just sharing my observations. Shipping the first one back to Samsung.
    can you draw a circle on the specific location that your first tab s 8.4 got bumps? here a back photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any of you experienced overheating on your Tab S 8.4? Wi-Fi Only (Exynos Processor)-samsung_galaxy_tab_s_8_4_3.jpg  
    Phone:

Tablet:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Any of you experienced overheating on your Tab S 8.4? Wi-Fi Only (Exynos Processor)-2014-07-22-17.35.08.jpg
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-22 17.35.08.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	130899
    can you do it on the attached photo that i attached? I'm comparing it to mine and i'm having a hard time finding the exact spot on that angle.
    Phone:

Tablet:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    can you do it on the attached photo that i attached? I'm comparing it to mine and i'm having a hard time finding the exact spot on that angle.
    What are you having a hard time trying to do? If you can't see any warping on your tab s you should be happy 😊

Posted via Android Central App
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

What are you having a hard time trying to do? If you can't see any warping on your tab s you should be happy 😊

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm having a time finding the exact spot of the bumps in the photo you sent me because of the angle. I'm kinda seeing some depression on the middle part.
    Phone:

Tablet:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

The 2 main depressions I has were to the left of the samsung logo and right above the "8!" at the bottom of the screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast