Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab S 8.4 keeps overheating and shutting down when using Google Navigation in the car

My Tab S 8.4 keeps overheating and shutting down when using Google Navigation in the car. My car came with an AC outlet from the factory and it's rated up to 50W AC. I have the original Tab S 8.4 charger plugged in. The internet connection is provided via hotspot from my Galaxy S5 phone. If I don't keep the charger plugged in, it doesn't overheat while using Google Navigation.

Default Re: Tab S 8.4 keeps overheating and shutting down when using Google Navigation in the car

Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post
    My Tab S 8.4 keeps overheating and shutting down when using Google Navigation in the car. My car came with an AC outlet from the factory and it's rated up to 50W AC. I have the original Tab S 8.4 charger plugged in. The internet connection is provided via hotspot from my Galaxy S5 phone. If I don't keep the charger plugged in, it doesn't overheat while using Google Navigation.
    Kinda off topic. Have you seen any deformation at the back of your tab?