Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why samsung

Why did they put the speakers at the bottom. It's so easily muffled I had the 10.5 but it was just a bit to big for what I do but other then that the 8.4 is a nice little device with a beautiful screen

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,583 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Why samsung

Sometimes people don't think...
    Unfortunately that happens everywhere, not just Samsung.

Sent From The 5th Galaxy Inside The Time Vortex.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    10,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

Almost none of the tablets use front facing speakers..... Smh
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah I don't get why they don't all use front facing speakers by now it's kind of a no brainer. One day someone will make the perfect tablet

Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carter17 View Post
    Why did they put the speakers at the bottom. It's so easily muffled I had the 10.5 but it was just a bit to big for what I do but other then that the 8.4 is a nice little device with a beautiful screen

They are telling you to use it landscape since it does have "stereo" speakers
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    They are telling you to use it landscape since it does have "stereo" speakers
    Yeah that's the problem when using it in landscape it muffles the "stereo" speakers when holding it. Do you have a tab s 8.4?

Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

Yeah that's the problem when using it in landscape it muffles the "stereo" speakers when holding it. Do you have a tab s 8.4?

How are the muffled if your using it in Landscape ... Pretty much the only differences between the 10.5 and 8.4 is the Buttons would be on the side instead of the bottom
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    How are the muffled if your using it in Landscape ... Pretty much the only differences between the 10.5 and 8.4 is the Buttons would be on the side instead of the bottom
    Well the difference between the 10.5 and the 8.4 is the fact that the 8.4 has the speakers on the bottom of the device and the 10.5 has them way at the top. Not you could just flip the 8.4 the other way but then the IR would be facing down and would not work. I'm guessing you don't have an 8.4 or you would feel my pain lol

Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

Well the difference between the 10.5 and the 8.4 is the fact that the 8.4 has the speakers on the bottom of the device and the 10.5 has them way at the top. Not you could just flip the 8.4 the other way but then the IR would be facing down and would not work. I'm guessing you don't have an 8.4 or you would feel my pain lol

I've played with it enough to know it's the same....
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

It is the same I have also seen YouTube reviews of it..... The speakers are on top on the sides in landscape where the buttons for on and off and volume rocker is along with SD card slot and ir blaster is. The stereo speakers are on top 1 on the left and right
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Your trippin buddy I own the device I'm not watching videos of it will someone please tell this dude the speakers are not on top like the 10.5 is

Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Does that look the same looks to me like the 8.4 has speakers on the bottom and the 10.5 has them on top

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why samsung-2709.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,799 Global Posts

Your trippin buddy I own the device I'm not watching videos of it will someone please tell this dude the speakers are not on top like the 10.5 is

Lol I always thought they were on top when I was at bestbuy saw pics before but never the sides

Would definitely suggest simply spinning it the other way so that the speakers are on the top. Is it really necessary to require access tl the IR device?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by sunstoner View Post
    Would definitely suggest simply spinning it the other way so that the speakers are on the top. Is it really necessary to require access tl the IR device?
    My friend I have tried that you just hit the power and volume buttons with your pinkie it's a weird tablet to hold

Aaah yes of course. My reply being from someone who doesnt/hasn t used it *yet* for viewing on! ...sounds like an issue i'll come across. Strange thinking from Samsung
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I think with a case on you could flip it upside down and not hit the Buttons I have a case that will be here tomorrow I'll let you guys know how that works

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Yes, I can see the problem for those who are using the IR. Some available options:

1. Use a cable or Bluetooth earphone/headset.
    2. Use a cable or Bluetooth speaker.
    3. Use a portable smartphone or tablet stand. With this you can also plug in your favorite headset or speakers which will give you a much better audio quality.

Example of a stand:
    Why samsung-51u1xcoipvl__sl1500_.jpg

*OXA® Aluminum Portable Holder Multi-Angle Desktop Stand for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy, Most Smartphones and Tablets (Silver).

Speakers on top and bottom. When I hold in landscape mode and cut my hands around the speakers I get great sound for YouTube videos, etc.

Sent from my beautiful Iphone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.