Samsung Calender Widget missing when using Google now launcher

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I downloaded and installed th Google Now launcher and can't seem to find a way to get the Samsung calender widget to be able to be hosen to use on my home screen. Any suggestions, besides switching back to the touch wiz launcher?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Samsung's full month calendar widget can only be used on TouchWiz. I ran into the same problem on my S5. Love the widget so much I went back to stock launcher.

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung's full month calendar widget can only be used on TouchWiz. I ran into the same problem on my S5. Love the widget so much I went back to stock launcher.

Even on the touch wiz launcher I can't find the widget under the widgets, unless I'm just missing it.. Lol

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL, not sure. Only thing I can think of is make sure the calendar app is up to date in the Galaxy Apps store. Should be there within the widgets. Now keep in mind, I dont have a Tab S, I'm basing this off my S5.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to the S Planner, unfortunately in the Tab S 8.4, Samsung didn't include it as part of the Widgets. Strangely, the S Planner is only an app now. You can add the app shortcut into your home screen but you will need to tap on it to activate the calendar. A bit inconvenient.

sunstoner

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue as you guys. No calendar (s planner) or email widget. Or so I thought. but you can add the s planner and email widget onto the magazine UI. It's actually quite neat

You can use this area to rid yourself of the magazine stuff and replace with some useful stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

jsaktony

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Do you guys know where I can download a widget like the stock weather widget? Absolutely loved it, but can't find anything close enough to it on the play store.

Carl Frisby

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I've come to love the Weather and Clock widget. It has more details regarding the weather than the stock widget, i.e. humidity, barometric pressure. That is one that i would recommend.

PrussianBlueDay

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I loved using the S Planner widget which was pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy Tab4.
This was one of the first things I looked for on the TabS 10.5 but it was not available on the tablet or to download from Galaxy Apps or Google Play Store.