Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By brosko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab S 8.4 consern

Hi, I've got a battery question for new Tab S 8.4 owners. Do these things come already halfway charged? Just received my new tablet from walmart.com. The directions said to charge first. When I plugged it in the battery showed 56% right out of the box. I thought this was odd being the reviews say that a new battery should take take about 12 hrs to charge. I started wondering if this tablet may have been a return. Looking at the tape that seal on the box top i noticed that it's actually one piece of tape on top of another. Other than that it seems well packed. I did purchase the walmart protection plan so maybe they had to open the package for some reason
    Please tell me if it's normal for a new battery to show 56% at first plug in. I really don't intend to pay full price for a used item.Thanks!

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Tab S 8.4 consern

Yes, they almost all come precharged. Letting them get to 0 is really really bad, so there is usually enough juice to turn it on, make sure it works and log in, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry... "concern"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It's now showing 100% charged after only 2 hrs! Is that normal? I'm CONCERNED this is a return. thanks...

Basically all tablets (at least all 6 or so that i have purchased)come with around half charge. I would say 2 hours to go from half to full charge is perfectly normal and expected. No reason to think this is a return, at least from the battery standpoint.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you much for the reply. That's great to know! This is my first tablet so I'm having to go by reviews, forums, etc.

Normal. Mine was about the same and charged fast.

Sent from my beautiful Iphone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.