Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can't move full game to memory card

It's been a long time since I have had a phone/tablet with a memory card slot. Bought this tablet with only 16 gigs of memory against my better judgment thinking I could move my bigger games to the memory card. Tried to move several games but could only move a small portion of them. What good does it do to move 20 megs of a 2.3 gig game to my card? Why can't I move the entire game, or at least a larger chunk? Will this be fixed soon? Who's fault is it, The game developer? Google? Samsung? Please help

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default Re: can't move full game to memory card

Its an awkward one, I think its Samsung as my NVIDIA shield can move 100% of the file to SD.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

It's up to the game developer whether or not they want to support moving to the SD card. You'd need to be rooted to use an app like app2sd or link2sd, and not every phone is supported for that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It's up to the game developer whether or not they want to support moving to the SD card. You'd need to be rooted to use an app like app2sd or link2sd, and not every phone is supported for that.

Not the case, like I said... My NVIDIA shield can move 100% of the app and data to the SD card yet my Samsung tablet moving the same app moves like maybe 5-10% of it over.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by kalo88 View Post
    Not the case, like I said... My NVIDIA shield can move 100% of the app and data to the SD card yet my Samsung tablet moving the same app moves like maybe 5-10% of it over.

Samsung is probably the biggest supporter of SD cards. Even when everyone else had removed it they stuck with it...
    Is it the same apps that you can move on the SHIELD?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Samsung is probably the biggest supporter of SD cards. Even when everyone else had removed it they stuck with it...
    Is it the same apps that you can move on the SHIELD?

Yup! Every single game I've downloaded so far bar 1 or 2 can be moved to the SD card in shield, 100% of the data and it plays fine.