- 7 Posts
New Tab S owner here. Took a vacation in Switzerland. All the IPad owners said their clocks automatically adjusted to the 6 hour time change. My Tab S still showed N.Y. time. Sure, I can see the time after searching in Global Settings, but this does not help when setting wake up alarms. Is there a setting for this to adjust time zones as I travel?
- 08-16-2014, 10:53 AM #2
Re: Time zone
In settings>Date and Time, there should be an automatic change, but that is dependent on an internet connection.
- 08-18-2014, 07:19 PM #4
- 08-18-2014, 09:39 PM #5
- 253 Posts
- Stock, rooted JB
Re: Time zone
All of the devices on which I've seen an auto-timezone feature have some sort of phone-system connection to a tower that knows what time zone it's in, and it hands that information back to the client device. I'm trying to envision how, if I were one of the developers, I would program a wifi-only device to make such a change automatically. Maybe something like a GeoIP interface, although we've all seen wild inaccuracies in that concept, sometimes on the order of two or three time zones, which is way less accuracy than I'd want for any task that I'd be automating. I can't come up with anything offhand that's any better than my work laptop, on which I have to set the timezone by hand once I arrive at my destination. Other thoughts?
- By pawprints86 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 8Last Post: 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM
- By Anthony Grijalva in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2014, 01:13 AM
- By 5picker in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-14-2014, 08:14 PM
- By pdaniel219 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 08-14-2014, 05:18 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2014, 05:50 AM