Battery Saving Tricks

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
One thing specific to super amoled screen is that the darker the displayed content, the less battery it uses.

The screen use no battery displaying pure black, and use max battery displaying pure white.

So one thing is to use dark background, use dark mode for the apps when possible. If you use Firefox, it also has a black and white display add on to make most Website use pure black background.

tempFileForShare.jpg

@T-Mobile GN3

Last edited:

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
One thing specific to super amoled screen is that the darker the displayed content, the less battery it uses.

The screen use no battery displaying pure black, and use max battery displaying pure white.

So one thing is to use dark background, use dark mode for the apps when possible. If you use Firefox, it also has a black and white display add on to make most Website use pure black background.

@T-Mobile GN3

What do you mean by "Dark Mode"?

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Go into app settings, some app will have a dark mode to display large portion of ui in primarily black colors.

Such as textra, and android central app.

@T-Mobile GN3

Can't seem to find it. Can you be more specific? I do use android devices but i don't explore them that much. Sorry.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Can't seem to find it. Can you be more specific? I do use android devices but i don't explore them that much. Sorry.

It's app specific, some have it, others don't. So you will need to fiddle with each app's settings, not android system's settings.

I know textra, Android Central app, aqua mail have it, and most Google app don't.

At my screenshot above, it's from textra, where you can set the background to black.

I would suggest, whenever you choose among apps of similar functions, use the one that has a dark mode.

@T-Mobile GN3

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Settings/WiFi/menu (3 dots upper right)/advanced/keep WiFi running during sleep/ set to never.

Uninstall/disable/turn off a few apps you don't use that might be running in the background.

Use darker wallpapers vs white or bright wallpapers

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 133801

@T-Mobile GN3

I really want to thank you for this tid bit of info. So prefer the dark background!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084