Application's icon i've installed cant be found anywhere

naufaliaf

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I had two pages full of application. when i tried to installed other ones, they didnt show up anywhere. There aren't page 3 either. but they are in application manager list in settings. Sooo help, how can i make them visible in page 3 or at least homescreen

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had two pages full of application. when i tried to installed other ones, they didnt show up anywhere. There aren't page 3 either. but they are in application manager list in settings. Sooo help, how can i make them visible in page 3 or at least homescreen
Are the new apps showing within the app drawer? If so, then long press the app and move to the desired home screen (3). Let us know if that works.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are the new apps showing within the app drawer? If so, then long press the app and move to the desired home screen (3). Let us know if that works.

I hope you don't mind... but what is the "app drawer"? I guess I don't have the nomenclature down. There are the "screens" where the widgets can be displayed and then there are the pages where only icons show.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope you don't mind... but what is the "app drawer"? I guess I don't have the nomenclature down. There are the "screens" where the widgets can be displayed and then there are the pages where only icons show.

Thanks in advance.

No worries - we're all hear to learn/help each other :). The App drawer is the place where all the apps are stored. There's an app drawer launcher (usually a circle/square with a few dots). Pressing that brings up the page(s) with all the apps installed.

If you see the app(s) there, just long press the app until you are able to move it onto the home screen of your choice. Let us know if you have further questions.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah, so the app drawer is where ALL app icons are. Then the HOMESCREEN are the page or PAGES where the widgets can be installed. Say, where you might store your favorite apps

I guess since I can arrange icons in either place the way I want, other than the widget aspect, they are fairly similar. I recall a few years ago, icons could not be rearranged. Kind of static even as new apps were added, I think they dropped in with no ability to rearrange them. As you can tell, I am new to android. A Blackberry user including the dead, dead Playbook.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
umm i meant the applications arent showed in app drawer nor homescreen
That's odd. Usually the apps will still be displayed in the app drawer. Open the app drawer and check to see if there are any tabs or settings that would have hid the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze