Why is my Tab S flip cover locking the screen?

Nan008

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Tab S flip cover locking the screen - problem

I have Tab S 8.4, I bought a slim flip cover, now when you open the over and it is dangling tablet is working but when you touch the cover to the tablet's back it is locking the screen - when I unlocking again the control buttons (back, multi window and Home) are not working while the cover is still touching the back, but I can use the touch screen, if I will remove the cover the tablet is fully functional again. Is that this wakeup function? Why it is working when the cover touches back of the tablet? I have also Nexus 7 and it never reacted that way to the cover. It is a little annoying as the cover had to stay hanged in the middle if I want to use the tablet, so no standing in the queue and read. how to switch it off so I can use the tablet

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tab S flip cover locking the screen - problem

That is odd. I have a Samsung 'flip' cover that came with my 10.5 tab when I purchased it at Costco. But when I flip it so that it wraps around the back it does NOT affect the Tablet. Is your flip cover an official cover from Samsung or a 3rd party product. Maybe the Magnet in the cover is too strong. It is a magnet that triggers the on/off sensor in the tablet.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tab S flip cover locking the screen - problem

I think it is magnetic like the apple cover. Wanna hear something even wierder. Sometimes I would put my S4 on top and carry it around and when I picked up the phone it would wake due to whatever tech is in the smart cover LOL! I thought I was going insane for the first few times thinking that i was sure that I hadn't touched the wake up button! :D

magasx

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys. I have same problem with my cover. I bought it in one online shop and when i turn back cover screen locks. Maybe there is a way to fix it? Maybe i can unmagnet cover litter somehow? Samsung tab S 10.5 .

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the book cover for my Tab S 8.4 and it works properly, doesn't affect anything when at the back of the tablet.
For what it's worth, it is the official Samsung book cover, and I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2