What is a good pressure sensitive stylus?

dductran

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Pressure Sensitive Stylus

Hey guys, i recently bought a Tab S 8.4 and everything is going pretty good. I was doing some research and it would seem there isn't alot of styli that seem to be supported on android and include Pressure sensitivity and palm rejection.

I am looking to do some note taking and drawing on my tablet but most styli are either basic capacitive or ones that 'may' support some android tablets. The yufu comes to mind.

was wondering if anyone is currently using a stylus to draw/write on their tablet and what their experience like. Also any recommendation to styli that have pressure sensitivity and palm rejection

THANKS

pbcali

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pressure Sensitive Stylus

I have just started to experiment with the S 8.4 and palm rejection, in several apps that have it (lecture notes, quill) using normal passive styli and a DotPen. Palm rejection does not work at all. I do not think it is the app; it appears that the muti-touch gesture feature is getting in the way. I used to use an iPad, and as I recall those apps required you to turn multi-touch off. On the S, I have not- as of yet- found a way to do that. So the stylus works fine, as long as your hand does not touch the screen. A single finger in the "palm reject zone" and the stylus in the work area also seems to function. Put your palm down, and the stylus will not record. Again, this is just from a few hours of experimenting. But if wanting to use they stylus for some note taking, be warned right now it might not work. I wish Samsung would refresh the Note 8. It is showing its age against the S in many ways, but the Wacom stylus always has everything else beat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21