Micro SD card not working

Peterbae

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Samsung pro micro SD card 64gb, when I put it in it reads the card and tells me how much space is on the card around 64gb. When I tried to save a picture or file it always fails to save, then I tried to create a folder in the SD card and I also got a failed to create. I also tried formatting the SD card with this tablet and got the same results. What can I do? Or do I have a defective SD card?

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the card is locked have you checked the lock tab? Lock switch on card could be defective, try the card in a computer and see what happens.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just sounds like a defective card. There's a switch on an SD card, but microSD cards are "write protected" in software, and they never should be when you buy one. (There's no physical "slider" like there is on full-size cards.)

If it doesn't work in a computer, the card is defective. If it does, and still doesn't in the tablet, the tablet is defective.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll chime in.... Did you get the card from a reliable source. At least, there are counterfeit Sandisk cards offered too often.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 32 gig Samsung card from Amazon on Cyber Monday and for what it's worth mine works as it's supposed to. If you've reformatted the card and you still can't save anything my guess is that you got a defective card.

Peterbae

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Not a reliable source from eBay, I contacted the seller and he gave me a refund and got to keep the card also. I gave it to a friend to take a look On his laptop to see what he could do. It's not the tablet because my Samsung evo 32gb micro SD card works fine.