Tab S 8.4 Glitching and restarting

Oh Bears

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My Galaxy tab s 8.4 is acting weird in the last several days. When I use it, it glitches on the screen and then restarting by itself. I wiped it because I thought it was caused by one of the apps, apparently it ain't fixed that way. And then I did the hard reset using power button, volume up and down the same time. Now it keeps restarting until the battery runs out. Please help.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How old is it? It might be a hardware glitch.

Try

Don't know if one of these is exactly what you tried but give it another try:

Full Reset Reboot

Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy Tab® S

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.
-----------------------------------------

Ensure the device is powered off.
Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the top-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
Press and hold the Volume Up button (located to the right of the Power button; ensure right side of button is pressed) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
Select wipe cache partition.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Select reboot system now.

alag145 1456

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I got this solution from a website because I too had it on my tab s 8.4 first you have to put it to developer options then switch on turn off hardware overlay I hope it will work for you. Also copy and paste this comment to others and see if it helps them thank you.

Mayra Amaral

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Please note developer option might be hidden by default on the Galaxy Tab S. Fist do this:
Touch Apps > Settings > About device. Scroll to and touch Build number seven times. The menu option will then appear under Settings > Developer options.

Gobryan

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

My Galaxy tab s 8.4 is acting weird in the last several days. When I use it, it glitches on the screen and then restarting by itself. I wiped it because I thought it was caused by one of the apps, apparently it ain't fixed that way. And then I did the hard reset using power button, volume up and down the same time. Now it keeps restarting until the battery runs out. Please help.
=============
My Galaxy S 8.4 was glitchy from the start. No flash, screen flickering, random re-boots. After countless factory re-sets and a fruitless warrantee return I managed to limp along in power saving mode for a year. It finally became unusable.

Two weeks ago I opened it up, removed the battery, cleaned the battery connection with a contact cleaner spray and reassembled it. It took five minutes. So far, everything works perfectly.... even things that didn't work when it was new.