Battery drain

blakkrskera

May 29, 2015
Visit site
The battery on my brand new Gaxay S seems to drop like a rock. I can't tell if there's a problem with it but I noticed that the OS and system eat up most of it... Maybe someone can tell me if I need to return it or I need change the launcher or something.

I'm at 61% and the top 3 battery uses are
Screen 11%
Android system 8%
Internet browser 6%

Screen has 3 hours of use it says..
But why are the other so high?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. How new is the device? Reason I ask is this: Batteries need a few days to 'break in' so to speak.

Keep in mind the percentages are based off the amount drained, not the total.

blakkrskera

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. How new is the device? Reason I ask is this: Batteries need a few days to 'break in' so to speak.

Keep in mind the percentages are based off the amount drained, not the total.

Battery has a few days being used. Haven't let it drop past 80% though. I'm gonna try taking it down to 10-15%

blakkrskera

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Ughhhh I have screen brightness all the way down, location off, most of the google and Samsung sync off, and have only been using texting apps. I even have the adaptive display off.

Battery says I'll only have 7 hours of screen time after about 1 hour of continues use. I got this tablet cause I thought the batter would be better than most. Yet my 2012 nexus had like 12 hours of screen use when I first got it. This is silly.

I might try exchanging it

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
If you had 3 hours of screen on time and 61% battery remaining that means you were on pace for at least 7.5 hours on a full charge. That actually sounds pretty decent to me... If you had brightness super low while getting that number then it isn't exceptional but still not bad imo.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781