Dont want to upgrade

Magr

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I dont want to upgrade to lollipop on my Tab S 8.4. I like kitkat and have had problems with lollipop before plus it takes up too much space. I was wondering how i can get rid of the software postponed notification in the upper left corner?
Thanks a lot.

sunstoner

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Youre best not updating. Its made my tab S worse. I use profiles on mine and its gone bonkers when switching between accounts. Its just fussy.

Sorry i cant help you with the postponed software issue as ive not seen that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Which update is rolling out? I had problems with 5.02 on my Nexus 7, but 5.1 has been great - much better than Kit Kat. It's faster, smoother and has better battery life than KK.

dorukoz

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
You can disable these notifications by unchecking the notifications for Google Play Services [Not Framework]. This fixed my problem on the LG G3 and I assume it will on all other devices.

The best option is to click and hold the notification and then select 'App info', which will take you to desired app info for that update notification. Then uncheck the notification option there.

Go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Services Framework and then uncheck "Show notifications".

Magr

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Nothing seems to work though. When i click app info everything like "force stop" etc is blacked out so I cant click on them. Its lollipop android 5.0. Update. It says it has been downloaded but the notification is for me to "install" it and I dont want to but want to get rid of that notification. So frustrating :(

HD Phil

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I kept checking back in on this post hoping a solution would be forthcoming.
I have the identical problem with my Tab S 8.4
I also do not wish to upgrade to Lollipop and can't seem to get rid of the notification icon or the nag screen when I turn the tablet back on.
If I do discover anything I'll post it here.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have not really explored if any of these solutions to "eliminate" notifications works on the Samsung Tab but they all seem to suggest similar methods of stopping some unwanted notifications. There were originally posted for the Blackberry Playbook and then BB10 devices where some android apps run. I captured them and have used them. They are definitely redundant but each kind of expresses the same methods with slightly different language:

-----------------------

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.

Luckily, there's a fairly simple solution: Go to App World and download "Quick App Manager". Open this app, and it will show you all the Android apps installed on your PB, including a system app called "Downloads". Tap the "Downloads" app icon and choose to load the app, and you should find a list of files, probably just the two PDFs you mentioned. Tick the boxes beside them and delete them (can't remember if the option appears automatically when you tick the boxes or if you have to swipe down from the top bezel after ticking the boxes). That should fix your problem. Afterwards, you can delete Quick App Manager if you want.

On the homescreen, you should see entries for Favorites, SD Card, PB Media, FTP, Windows Share, Applications, and Exit. Tap on "Applications". Then scroll down and tap on "Downloads". Then "Shortcuts", and then "Downloads-Main". From here, delete any entries that appear.

For BB10, too

Go to home screen of ghost commander and in that list there is an icon for applications. Click that icon, believe it's the second last one above the exit icon. When in application you will see a list of apps. Go to the app you want to edit the notification setting and press and hold it until option menu appears. Select manage from that menu. In there you can edit the settings.
----------------------------

Magr

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Still no solution for me. I even talked to Samsung with no luck. If you do find something out would love to know.

Magr

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I emailed them and the responses i got were these...
After reviewing your email, I undestand that you would like to remove software update notification on your tab.*

I will help you with required information.**
Drag the notification bar >> Press and hold on software update notification >> Select Force stop option to remove the notifcation.**
Then, go to Apps >> Settings >> About device >> software update >> uncheck Auto update option

I am sorry to know that you are unable to turn off notification for software upgrade.*

I do understand your concern about the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.*

You will have option to turn off notification for Software upgrade from Settings >> Application manager >> Tap on All tab >> From the list tap on Software upgrade.*

If the option is grade out, there are no other options to turn off the notifications.*

As software upgrade is mandatory for minor bugs and any software related issues, also it will increase the tablet performance. We recommend you backup all the data and update your phone to the latest android version.*

HD Phil

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung tech support and they were less than helpful.
One person recommended a full reset which I'm not doing and the other said to uncheck auto updates which doesn't help if it's already been downloaded.
He also said there is no way to delete or uninstall a downloaded program that hasn't been installed.
Plus I believe there is no way to go back to Kitkat if you do install lollipop.
This is crazy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2