Verizon Tab S 8.4 got Lollipop update - Play Services won't update

drzeller

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I got the Lollipop update this morning and applied it. After doing so, I have a notification that my Play Services must be updated. Clicking the notification jumps right to the Play Store and updating the service, but it never updates, it just keep showing the status bar. I have tried stopping that update and doing it manually, and restarting the machine and starting manually. It just always stays in the updating status bar state.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the Play Services to update?

Thanks,
David

drzeller

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
OK, just noticed that the update version is 7.3, but I am already at 7.5.71. So, other than the annoying notification, it looks like I am up to date. Now... how to get that notification to stop reappearing...

D.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the Lollipop update this morning and applied it. After doing so, I have a notification that my Play Services must be updated. Clicking the notification jumps right to the Play Store and updating the service, but it never updates, it just keep showing the status bar. I have tried stopping that update and doing it manually, and restarting the machine and starting manually. It just always stays in the updating status bar state.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the Play Services to update?

Thanks,
David

clear the cache and data

Posted via the Android Central App

drzeller

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I did that right after the update. The system seems to have figured things out now, as it is no longer re-popping up the notification.

Thanks,
David