How can I reinstall Samsung S Voice on my Galaxy Tab S?

A

AC Question

how can I reinstall Samsung S Voice on my Galaxy Tab S?

As I uninstalled it and I can't find any new install except updates

patfrth

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: how can I reinstall Samsung S Voice on my Galaxy Tab S?

Impossible to find. When you type "S voice" in the search box, it returns nothing.
I still have the GALAXY Apps Widget running but, as I deleted the shortcut, I can't access it. Android is sometimes a very strange Operating System.
Doesn't work like Windows and you don't have a clue how to find a solution that should be simple.
As soon as I bought my tablet, I made a backup but it seems that didn't save the apps package that came with it? Why? I could find the apps I downloaded but nothing about Samsung Apps. So I'm stuck or don't know where to look.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Impossible to find. When you type "S voice" in the search box, it returns nothing.
I still have the GALAXY Apps Widget running but, as I deleted the shortcut, I can't access it. Android is sometimes a very strange Operating System.
Doesn't work like Windows and you don't have a clue how to find a solution that should be simple.
As soon as I bought my tablet, I made a backup but it seems that didn't save the apps package that came with it? Why? I could find the apps I downloaded but nothing about Samsung Apps. So I'm stuck or don't know where to look.

I have the wi-fi only version of the Tab S 10.5", and for me at least, there is no option to uninstall S Voice, only to force stop or disable it. Have you tried going into Settings > Applications > swipe over to "All" and then down to see if it's there (they are listed alphabetically)?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

patfrth

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I already checked but it has been correctly uninstalled so it's not on my system anymore.
I recovered the GALAXY Apps Widget with the help of QuickShortcuts but I couldn't connect to the site (I live in Thailand, so that's maybe why).
Strange that Samsung is only offering updates for this application.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I already checked but it has been correctly uninstalled so it's not on my system anymore.
I recovered the GALAXY Apps Widget with the help of QuickShortcuts but I couldn't connect to the site (I live in Thailand, so that's maybe why).
Strange that Samsung is only offering updates for this application.

You may have to do a factory reset. Make sure to back up anything important first, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

patfrth

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I finally found a solution. I discovered that the file explorer that is bundled with the tablet doesn't show all the files (even if you select "show hidden files"). After installing ES File Explorer, I've be able to search for apk files and find the one related to S Voice. Then reinstall the app.
So it seems that even if you uninstall an app included with your package, the apk file is not deleted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia