Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 connect to my laptop?

marc84

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 won't connect to laptop

When I connect my Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 to my dell latitude e7240 laptop a connect/disconnect loop starts and the tablet never connects. It briefly connects then disconnects then connects and disconnects. Even with kies running it does the same thing.

Why can't I connect this tablet to the laptop?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 won't connect to laptop

When I connect my Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 to my dell latitude e7240 laptop a connect/disconnect loop starts and the tablet never connects. It briefly connects then disconnects then connects and disconnects. Even with kies running it does the same thing.

Why can't I connect this tablet to the laptop?

Just guessing. Are they both thinking the other is the "lead" device in a usb connection? Oh, are you using usb or some other method? I've only hooked my Tab S to my computer or using a usb OTG (on the go) connector cable to my camera and some thumb drives. I have used Dukto to do wireless transfers between the Tab S and my computer and my Blackberry Z30 phone.

marc84

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

The problem seems to exist only with this Dell E7240 laptop. The tablet connects fine to other computers and laptops. This it what happens when I connect the tablet to the laptop.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Try to install Samsung USB driver, without it, your computer or laptop won't be able to see it.
Mare sure on your tablet, in Developer Option, USB debugging is checked.

marc84

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

Try to install Samsung USB driver, without it, your computer or laptop won't be able to see it.
Mare sure on your tablet, in Developer Option, USB debugging is checked.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that and still the problem persists. It seems to be only with this Dell Latitude E7240 laptop. Any other system works fine, even without the Samsung drivers or kies program.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
It's very to verify if using another USB drive on your laptop. If you are having the same problem, your laptop's USB port is broken or loose connection, common problem seen in laptop.

marc84

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
All usb ports have the same problem on this Dell Latitude E7240. I'm now convinced it's the laptop, which by the way in order to try and solve the problem has had the mother board replaced twice, drivers reinstalled, bios updated and finally wipe the drive and reinstalled the OS. After all that the problem still persisted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463