My Tab S 8.4 capacitive lights are HAUNTED, how can I perform an exorcism?

fignewton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
tab s 8.4 capacitive lights HAUNTED

Ok, so maybe not so much haunted, but certainly driving me insane. Setting for "always off" used to work, and if I go in and change off and put that setting back on, it works for an unknown but short amount of time. Then when screen is off, they will blink intermittently. Right now im listening to pandora on it and they are always on. But the setting is still "always off". It is up to date and has the samsung smart cover on it.
Seriously. Its like its gaslighting me. Help me out here.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: tab s 8.4 capacitive lights HAUNTED

No I think you were right the first time. I think it's haunted. It's like another thread where someone was hearing a "voice" while viewing photos! AAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! LOL!

Have you tried booting your tablet into Safe mode to see if it still happens? Might be some app causing you problems... or could be hardware related.

fignewton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok I paid a bit more attention to specific behaviors when im noticing the lights. If the tablet is fully charged, it behaves as necessary. After it drops below a certain level (I havent been able to find what percent yet though, but its way above 50%) it begins to have the malfunction. I do not/did not have a power saver option turned on. However, I turned this option on, and then went into the display settings and turned the lights to 1.5 seconds and then back to off (in the past this has made it "reset" and keep the setting for a little while (minutes). This time though, with the power saver option on, the lights did not respond. They stayed on. Im going to do a safe mode boot to try another option. If that fails, would you suggest returning to best buy? Its not un-useable by any means. But those lights turning on doesnt help my charge, or my sanity at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non