Has anyone used a 128GB memory card on his Tab S.8.4? Mine cannot write.

schicco

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone used a 128GB on his Tab S.8.4? Samsung told me it supports only up to 64GB Micro SD Card despite their website marketing it as a device that supports up to 128GB memory card. Everyone, Amazon, Best Buy etc. is selling it as a device that supports 128GB memory card.
I put a 4 GB Micro SD card and it worked with no problem.
My problem started when I put a 128BG Samsung micro SD card and couldn’t write. I had a chat online with Samsung and the guy walked me thru some troubleshooting and concluded that the problem was with a faulty SD card and told me to contact place of purchase. I exchanged the memory card for a SanDisk 128GB Micro SD, still it couldn’t write.
I contacted Samsung who told me to send it to their service center in New Jersey. They returned it with a note saying “Your Device has been tested to support up to a 64GB memory card”.
On 8-28-15 I had an online chat with Samsung, I explained my story and here is the confusion; He said;
Nelson.I: As per the specification we have, it shows 128GB.
Nelson.I: Specification of model SM-T700NTSAXAR.
Nelson.I: Oh I see that the tablet supports MicroSD card up to 64 GB actually.
Steve: So you have different models of Tab s 8.4?
Nelson.I: There are 2 models.
Steve: Which model supports the 128gb?
Nelson.I: There are 2 models and none of them supports 128GB.
Steve: But how come your website says 128GB?
I gave him the Samsung link, I tried to post the link here but could not.
Nelson.I: Yes, I know. I will file a ticket to the appropriate department who manages the web site content so they can correct it.

Has Samsung deceived consumers? Should I report this to the Federal Trade Commission?

Steve

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech