My Tab S My Files is stuck in the gallery without a file system, what do I do?

Leekeyjug

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Tab S My Files stuck in gallery without a file system.

Ok, hard to explain, but my mothers Tab S 8.4 running 5.0.2 (I think) whenever you press the bottom left cprner file icon, or the My files yellow icon in apps, It brings up all her pictures with date seperators. And that's it! You can highlight as many as you want, but there's no file system to move around in to put the pics anywhere else. No option for folders at all. So can't create new folders. No way to view any other files in the system at all. It's so odd, I can't figure it out. So just before I back up and restore the thing. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tab S My Files stuck in gallery without a file system.

Try pressing and holding the Power Button till it restarts.

Also you might try clearing the cache. This info might help

"
If apps freeze/hang, your device crashes/resets, you can't view email attachments or website images or your data isn't syncing, wiping your cache partition may help. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

Ensure the device is powered off.
Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the top-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
Press and hold the Volume Up button (located to the right of the Power button; ensure right side of button is pressed) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
Select wipe cache partition.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Select reboot system now."