Newbie question about moving files from computer to tablet

Judy android

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I just need some handholding because I do not want to mess up irretrievably. I get that to move files I connect the tablet to the computer, and that I will see the tablet file system when it is connected. I purchased a big SD card because I want to copy some video that I have taken and play it on the tablet.

To that end I want to set up a folder on the SD card to move the videos to, so that everything on the card won't be jumbled together, and then point the video player to it.

Do I set up the tablet folders using the computer, or is that a bad thing? The reason I wonder is that on my camera I am advised to never edit the camera card with it in the computer, or the camera may trash the files.

Thank you for your advice!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Connect the tablet via USB, then use Windows Explorer to navigate to the external SD card of the tablet. (If you don't see it, let us know.)

Using Windows Explorer, create a directory on the SD card called "Videos" or "My Videos." Then drag and drop your files from the computer hard drive to this directory, making sure you select the Copy function, not Move. It's almost always better to Copy rather than Move, since the latter will delete the source file upon completing the action, and if something went wrong with the file transfer, then you've lost the intact original file.

broadwayuser

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I still have this problem. When I connect via USB the tablet beeps. But I get no notification and nothing shows in Widows Explorer. A simple guide about how to fix this would be appreciated. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago. Thanks

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In My Computer I see the attached image. The Tab S is shown twice but the first option does not respond when clicked on. The second, under Portable Devices, opens to two folders, the Card and the Tablet.

samsung.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae