The tablet is slow, should I update to lollipop?

veek91

May 22, 2015
Visit site
The tablet is slow and I cant get used to it. What I mean by this is that in many occasions there's a long enough lag before a procedure starts that I think I may have to press again. For example I want to close an app but it doesnt close right away so I press return/close again and then I accidentally close another app! It's really annoying. But that's not all! The internet is also slow, as in facebook and youtube not responding many times.

I still use android 4.4 because I read bad things about the lollipop update when it came out. But I mean how worse could it be? Its way too unresponsive in its current state anyway!
So I started considering to update. Does it solve these responsiveness problems?

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the most recent updates and my tablet is smoother and faster than ever.

You should absolutely update your tablet.

veek91

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the most recent updates and my tablet is smoother and faster than ever.

You should absolutely update your tablet.

You mean android 5.0.2. Or you rooted the system and updated to a version which is beyond the Tab S's official latest release?

ivanescalante211

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the same question. I read that lolipop is so bad so im still running kitkat 4.4.2 on my Sprint S4 and on my wifi Tab S. My wife just purchased an S5 and she has a custom ROM flashed and its running 5.1.1 I believe that is what it is. I am a platinum Samsung member and dont want to mess that up...but my phone is slow. I also have a wifi Tab 3 and a wifi Tab 4 in the household. All have updates that i am ignoring.
Is there anyway we can get an updated list of what Samsung devices should be updated.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No rooting, just straight up stock. I've done the root and custom rom thing in the past but I'm much too lazy to do that anymore.

This latest version from Samsung is very usable. They now have an optimization app that runs on its own periodically that cleans up any cruft that might build up from memory leaks.

My tablet is a pleasure to use. You should definitely update. We may never get marshmallow but I can live with this.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
No rooting, just straight up stock. I've done the root and custom rom thing in the past but I'm much too lazy to do that anymore.

This latest version from Samsung is very usable. They now have an optimization app that runs on its own periodically that cleans up any cruft that might build up from memory leaks.

My tablet is a pleasure to use. You should definitely update. We may never get marshmallow but I can live with this.
I agreed with you about custom rom. I disliked a lot custom rom for products that are under warranty because if anything happens them it will void been covered. I know you can revert back to a factory rom. But what happens if its not possible? I will flash a custom rom if my device is pretty old and unsupported.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund