clearing miscellaneous storage deletes all of Minecraft worlds

EmpressRose77

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Today I was trying to free up some memory in my 8 year old daughters Samsung tablet. I went into the settings, & I cleared the miscellaneous data. I later found out that the miscellaneous data is actually some of the system files and cannot be permanently deleted just by clearing it. Anyway when I did this, I don't know what happened, but all of my daughters worlds in Minecraft were deleted. Now you have to remember, I did not go into the individual apps information itself and clear the cache. I actually went into the storage settings on the device through the settings menu and I actually cleared out the miscellaneous data. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to get those worlds back. She was in tears off and on this evening and if there's anything I can do to bring them back I would like to do that.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, (through my own experience), there is no way to get that data back. And, yes, some of what's listed in the Miscellaneous files is actually data. As you just found out, you have to be very careful what you delete in there.

Hopefully, someone knows more than I do!

rucatunes

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, just curious if you ever found a solution? I did the same today and lost all my song notes in Voice Recorder...
No luck from Verizon or Samsung support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463