Tab S2 and stylus

JustJade

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I just ordered my Table s2, it should be here Friday :) will a stylus work on this? I have been trying to find this information and so far, no luck. Thanks all!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only capacitive stylii will work with this tablet. Active Stylus pens like the one on the Note family require special hardware (Wacom digitizer) for those to work.

bamfsig45

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Wacom fineline or something like the Dot Pen will work. Although not quite as accurate as say an Spen on a Note device.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Fineline pen only works for iPads according to Wacom's page. Those pens work via Bluetooth, so like bamfsig said, it's not as sensitive or accurate as the SPen or the Microsoft Surface's pen (since those have actual Wacom digitizers inside; you can even use the S-Pen on a Surface and viceversa).

bamfsig45

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually the wacom fineline works fine on android with out bluetooth, but even better is the Dot Pen which you can get on amazon.

I can still write and sketch with both on an android tablet. The only issue is you do not get the floating cursor as with the spen and if you write or draw fast enough it's a little behind. but to be honest, after using one for a few days you get used to it and get around the learning curve. And of course you have batteries to deal with unlike the spen.

Wacom saying the Fineline is iPad only is I'm sure Apple trying to have a foothold of some sort.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but what's the point of the Fineline if it's not using BT? Just a thin capacitive tip? You loose the Fineline's pressure sensing, wouldn't you? In that case I'm not sure I'd pay the 50 bucks the Fineline's going for.

merttheavenger

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased the Adonit Jot Dash, but had to return it. I didn't get the level of accuracy that I need in order to make it functional. Very disappointing. I am willing to pay for precision, but I can't seem to find anything that functions close to the S-Pen on the Note 5. Anybody have anything that will work close to that level of usability? I am willing to pay for it. I did look into the Adonit Jot Pro, but I am nervous about screen scratches. Anybody have something that works?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
A stylus with a rubber tip will work. One like the spen on the Note series will not work. I have a rubber round tip stylus and its good on it

poowit

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi JustJade
I am looking for a pen for tab S2 also. What the best pen to work with your tab s2 now?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks