Galaxy Tab S2 worth it?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's worth the price tag but best buy was having that trade in deal and I was fine buying it at $250.

Very nice tablet though.

Traded in 2 nexus 7 - 2012 tablets.

Posted via the Android Central App

If you don't mind me asking, how much credit did you get for trading in those two old Nexus 7 tablets?

jakuum

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Went from a Tab S 8.4 to a Venue 8 7000 to the Tab S2 9.7. Very much worth it to me. The 4:3 aspect ratio is great for reading/browsing.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got $100 credit towards my Tab S2 when I traded in my Nexus 7 (2012)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The previous poster said he traded in two Nexus 7 tablets, so I was wondering if you could trade in multiple tablets for the Tab S2 and what price would Best Buy give you-- $200?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
The previous poster said he traded in two Nexus 7 tablets, so I was wondering if you could trade in multiple tablets for the Tab S2 and what price would Best Buy give you-- $200?

That's what I was thinking that the poster got $200 for his trade ins

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, how much credit did you get for trading in those two old Nexus 7 tablets?

You get $100 credit for each tablet. You get a $50 gift card and a $50 coupon.

Only thing you can only use one coupon for each purchase.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

$150 off with 2 tablet trade ins using two $50 gift cards and only 1 coupon can be redeemed per tablet purchase.

Each tablet trade in gets a $50 gift card and $50 coupon towards the s2. So $100 total.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response on the tablet trade ins. I've got an old 1st gen Kindle Fire tablet and a Nexus 7 tablet which are worthless to me that I could trade in to get the $150 credit, but I just can't justify buying a Tab S2 when my current Tab 8.4 Pro is still working fine. Maybe if I saw one in person that would change my mind! ☺

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response on the tablet trade ins. I've got an old 1st gen Kindle Fire tablet and a Nexus 7 tablet which are worthless to me that I could trade in to get the $150 credit, but I just can't justify buying a Tab S2 when my current Tab 8.4 Pro is still working fine. Maybe if I saw one in person that would change my mind! ☺
The Tab S2 9.7 inch I just picked up is lighter than my Nexus 7 (2012). To be honest, that is part of what sold me on it.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. It is the 8.0 version with 32gb of storage. I picked it up in bronze at Best Buy. I love the 4:3 screen size for reading. Granted there is a LOT of Samsung crapware on this thing, but with 32 gb and then a 32gb SD card, I have good storage. I just wish we could delete the crapware. I like it better than my Nexus 7 (2013) for the most part, although I miss the pure Android experience. I just hope it gets 6.0 soon. Battery life is ok, nothing to write home to mom about, but ok. No regrets on getting this tablet. It was a choice between the ASUS ZenPad 2 8.0 and this one. What made the difference, even though the ASUS was much less expensive was the software. The Zenfolio UI/software gets pounded compared to the Samsung TouchWiz UI. I just wish I could have gotten a Google Play edition Tab S2 8.0.

I have both the iPad Air and iPad mini 3 and while both are nice, like most Apple products, I feel that they are great for entertainment, but not anything serious. the 4:3 ratio is definately nice. I find the 8" form factor on the Tab S2 to be a nice compromise between portability, and viewing.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I've gone through quite a few tablets over the years -- I have a Tab S 8.4 LTE with a data plan, but I don't tend to use that on a daily basis -- I keep it in my bag "for traveling." I also have the Tab Pro 12.2, which is an absolutely MASSIVE thing. That said, I grabbed an S2 8.0 the minute I realized that it existed. I'm quite happy with it, and especially so regarding the 4:3 screen. I guess I'm jaded by the AMOLED screens -- I've looked at other tablets, and I'm just not satisfied with the inferior screen technologies.

I frankly would have upgraded my LTE tablet with the new S2 8.0, but my carrier doesn't offer it -- at least not yet. So, the new S2 8.0 essentially replaces the big monster 12.2 as my "home" tablet, and boy is it a pleasure to use. The S 8.4 remains an entirely competent tablet, and will continue to work fine while I'm on the road. The 12.2 is also an LTE tablet, and I'll try to sell it for a decent price, which it should fetch.

At any rate, the S2 8.0 is just the right shape and size, it's so thin it's utterly amazing, and I'm very happy with the screen. I definitely prefer the 4:3 screen, though I'm certainly not going to Apple to get one -- I'm just very happy that Samsung finally made one, with the AMOLED screen, to boot. All I can say is that I have tried several other brands (including Apple), and I just don't like what ANYONE else is doing as well as I like how Samsung is doing things, including their software. In the end, I expect that I'll replace the S 8.4 LTE with an S2 LTE, either the 8 or the 9.7. But I'll try to wait a few months before heading down that road. ;-)