My Tab S2 has pin on front screen. I was told to do this I need a VPN, what do I do?

A

AC Question

my tab s2 has pin on front screen. i was told to do this to have a vpn. forgot it help

I try and try and after ten goes it says try again in 30 seconds aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh hair been pulled please help?????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it's on the lockscreen? Did you select the PIN yourself, and did you forget it?

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: my tab s2 has pin on front screen. i was told to do this to have a vpn. forgot it help

Probably need to change it through your VPN provider.That's not an s2 specific problem, right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm still not clear on the issue. Is the tablet on the lockscreen (i.e., the screen that shows up when you wake up the device)? And you've forgotten the PIN there? Try failing the unlock another 10 times (sorry, you'll have to wait 30 seconds each time) to see if the tablet ends up prompting you for your Google credentials.

grahamrid

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
no it was a pin requested by security for the use to get into a vpn. av tried 100 or more times. after 5 failed attempts it tells me to try in 30 seconds. av tried and failed. its not the wake up pin

grahamrid

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: my tab s2 has pin on front screen. i was told to do this to have a vpn. forgot it help

I didn't get to set one up it was requested by security to use to get to one set up????

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

It was requested by what security? You could do a complete reset on the phone if all else fails.

Jamie Lawton

May 24, 2016
Visit site

You could do a complete reset on the phone if all else fails.

I'm having the same problem (albeit with a sony phone). Is there a way to do a complete reset without negotiating any menus or anything? This pin screen freezes you out of the whole phone, I can literally only use the camera or place emergency calls.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

I didn't get to set one up it was requested by security to use to get to one set up????

Are you connecting to your work VPN? If so then you need to talk to the Sysadmin person where you work.

If you are trying to connect to a VPN you set up on your home network, then you need to check your VPN settings on your router.at home.