S2 + S6?

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought the S2 8.0 (WiFi only, with 64 gb sd) to replace a useless nexus 7 2012. The difference has been astounding. For my uses, this thing has been close to rock solid.

I recently went on a smartphone search campaign to replace a 2013 Moto x. Almost bought and LG G4, V10, and then a Nexus 5x, but kept finding reasons not to. I've passed on the S6, mainly because I really wanted a phone with removal battery and expandable storage. That's what drove me to consider the G4 and lately, the V10 during Black Friday/Cyber Monday craziness. Now those deals are history, and I'm glad I passed because I really don't want a phablet in my pocket. For one thing, I've got the S2 if I need more screen space. When I'm not carrying the S2, I've survived with the small Moto x, and that includes a couple of overseas trip where the TMobile international support got me through.

All that background said, I'm wondering why I haven't even spent much time considering an S6. If it works as well as this tablet, I'd likely be a happy Sammy camper, right? Except for the lack of removable battery and expandable storage, that is. Hmmm. Wait for an S7?

Last edited:

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I love my G4. Battery life is pretty good and the camera is amazing. I replaced my Nexus 7 (2012) with the S2 and haven't looked back. I love this thing. It is nice to have a larger tablet. Back when I got my N7 originally it was to hold me over until I could upgrade my phone and get rid of my much hated HTC Evo 4g. As much as I loved my N7 it was too slow and too small for my current way of using a tablet.

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
The G4 was actually ordered, but it was on backorder and I guess I had too much time to reconsider. One thing I like about LG's take is that you can customize the capacitive button position. I think I would switch the positions to match Samsung and the S2.

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So we have a couple of S2 9.7 devices and love them, both are wifi, and these are paired up with an S6. This combination allows stuff like side sync to work, and the S6 is just the right size. S6 storage is fine, and so if I ever need extra for movies etc I travel with a Kingston Mobile lite 2 which is brilliant. The combination is a great fit as I have the tablet and the tablet laid out exactly the same in terms of folders and widgets, minimising the need to hunt for stuff in a slightly different android interpretation. Touchwiz is better than people give credit, and pimped with a bauhaus font, it looks perfect. I can recommend it, despite the worry over removable storage or battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered an S5? It has a removeable battery and SD card slot, it's also a generation newer than the S4 and more future proof. I have one with Verizon and am completely satisfied, particularly since it will be getting Android 6.0. (Assuming Verizon lets it through!) I'm thinking about the S2 8.0 as a new tab, so I'm really interested in the synergy in the combo.

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I've considered it, but the price for an unlocked version is still pretty high and I just can't see paying that much for last year's device.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The G4 was actually ordered, but it was on backorder and I guess I had too much time to reconsider. One thing I like about LG's take is that you can customize the capacitive button position. I think I would switch the positions to match Samsung and the S2.

That's what I did with my LGG3:)

mindhead1

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I assume now you've made a decision. Thought I'd throw my $0.02 in anyway .

I picked up a 9.7" S2 before Thanksgiving to replace my Nexus 9 and fell in love. I was in need of a new phone after having to return a 3rd Moto X 2014. Previously, I would not have considered a Samsung phone a brief experience with the S4 soured me on the brand.

That said, I was so impressed with the Tab S2, I decided to give the S6 another look especially with the Black Friday deals. I picked on up for $400 from B&H and couldn't be happier. Aside from the battery life, the device is a winner.

While battery life is not great Quick Charge and wireless charging make it bearable for my use case. Love the S6 S2 combo.

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I actually have not, though quick charge and wireless charging have both kept me from purchasing phones other than the S6. That, and lack of fingerprint reader and SD card slot. So the S7 might have me sold.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought the S2 9.7 at Christmas time...I loved it so much I decided to get the note 5 to go with it. I love these two devices and couldn't be happier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz