Can't find setting

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So the guy at bestbuy had his tab s2 set up so he could double tap the home button and the tablet would switch to greyscale. I can't figure out how he did that. Does anyone have any idea how that's done?

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Probably with an app and a third party launcher like Nova, which allows you to assign an app to a double press of the home button.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
OK. I see the option in Nova launcher, but you have to buy the premium version to get that option. I'll pass. I like the Samsung launcher just fine. Thanks.

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
You're probably already aware of this but one (longer) way to access grayscale mode is Settings > Personal > Accessibility > Vision > Grayscale on.
You can also choose the "Negative colors" option under Vision, which is kind of attractive, at least for short-term use.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was trying to find a shortcut to grayscale. I was told it dramatically increases battery life, but grayscale is very hard on my eyes and I don't last long enough to test the difference.

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings - ACCESSIBILITY - on/green light - direct access - Grayscale on/green light... then, whenever you are on your home screen just press the home button rapidly 3 times in a row and choose Grayscale from the menu that appears. It should then remain on Grayscale mode until you change it back.

Posted via my Samsung tab S2 using the Android Central app.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol