How do I get old apps onto new S2?

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The last time I had a new Android device, after I signed in to my Google account, the Google Play apps I had downloaded on my old device would automatically download to my new device. That's not the case anymore. How do I get the same apps on my old device onto the Tab S2? I know during initial setup on my S2, it asks if you want to bring over stuff from my previous device. However my previous device (Nexus 5) was not listed among the choices. I also tried the Samsung Smart Switch app, but it doesn't work (it's not able to connect the Nexus 5 to the S2). Do I have no choice but to manually download and install each app?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's how I had to do it. I used Smart Switch to copy media from my Note 4 to my Tab S2, but had to install all of the apps manually.

I think it has to have had them installed once in order to automatically re-install.

Last edited:

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I hoped the same thing was available, but nothing I did would honor the transfer of apps. After you install what you want, any subsequent reset using your Google address will re-install whatever you had on it before.

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks! I guess it's not so bad, since there were some apps on my phone that I didn't need on my tablet anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My apps automatically set up when I set up the tablet

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the reply. Hm. Curious: during the Samsung Tab S2 first time setup, did it ask you if you wanted to transfer stuff from a previous device and did you select one? For me, the device I wanted my S2 to be setup similar to was not listed for some reason, so I chose, no, don't transfer from previous device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000