What Screen Protector is everyone using?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
We have a 9.7" S2 and see different screen protectors. Even a Sparin tempered glass one for $12.99. Are these any good? What is everyone using?

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered a click on foldable case with a rotating back, has a flap that acts as a stand too which is handy for watching movies while flying etc. This is my third cover of this style and my third tablet.

I've never used a screen protection as they always reduce clarity and the screens are so tough these date one would rarely get a scratch. A good case will well protect a tablet unless it falls on an uneven surface screen down.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trankster

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
But what happens if you drop the S2? I mean, we do not always use the KB/Cover/Stand.
Mine is a thin cover/stand not a keyboard. It rarely comes off, except when I photograph it for eBay when time to upgrade . Have dropped once or twice, no damage with cover on. A screen protector will not prevent damage if dropped BTW. A wipe down with a clean cloth keeps the screen looking good as new.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have this tempered glass on both my Tab s2 9.7 and my Tab s 10.5 I think this is the best tempered glass and crystal clear

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4928831
The link you give is only fruit the 8".. I tried the Sparin and it left sticker residue on the tablet itself and the screen. I have used plenty of screen savers and this tag be me the most problem. The good thin by is o emailed Sparin and they are replacing the bad one with a new one. So waiting to try again

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Naked. I am very careful and the case protects it so I didn't get a screen protector

Posted via the Android Central App

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
This one. It works great. I have one on both my TabS2's, the 8 and 9.7. I only use a case for transportation, removing the tablet from the case while it is in use. The case makes the tablet much heavier and lightness is one of its top features. Good company too. I slightly cracked one during installation and they promptly sent me a replacement

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Glass Screen Protector, OMOTON® Tempered-Glass Protector with [9H Hardness] [Crystal Clear] [Scratch-Resistant] [Bubble Free Easy Installation], Lifetime Warranty: Computers & Accessories

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The link you give is only fruit the 8".. I tried the Sparin and it left sticker residue on the tablet itself and the screen. I have used plenty of screen savers and this tag be me the most problem. The good thin by is o emailed Sparin and they are replacing the bad one with a new one. So waiting to try again
Sorry to hear that. I didn't have any sticker residue on the tablet or screen. Did you leave the stickers on for some length of time? I had mine on only for the length of the installation (about 15 minutes?). Maybe they sometimes package with different, problematic stickers? Hopefully the replacement will work well for you.

adambike

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm going commando. Can't imagine putting anything on top of the screen - another glass - no matter how thin or multi coated - is another layer of glass reducing resolution. I don't understand how one can efficiently use a tablet with one of these blurry screen protector in place. I do have a colleague who used one but only because her dog would scratch the screen (it's an ipad).

Last edited:

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
They're not blurry. These new glass protectors r much better than the old plastic ones. Me, I don't understand how people can use these lightweight tablets with cases that double their weight.

adambike

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
they may be good quality glass but it's still another layer - i bet one can still see some resolution drop - anyway i'm anal about getting the best out of using the tablet and i don't want to save the tablet tiring my eyes out. I can't see any damage to our ipad and my mom's ipad - the kids have access to it and the glass still looks good so it's pretty safe to go commando.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I didn't have any sticker residue on the tablet or screen. Did you leave the stickers on for some length of time? I had mine on only for the length of the installation (about 15 minutes?). Maybe they sometimes package with different, problematic stickers? Hopefully the replacement will work well for you.

followed directions as listed.. Very pleased with their customer service.. going to go back to drawing board and re follow the you tube videos