How to set display time out?

adambike

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
what's the best display setting to setup for reading? I currently have it at Screen timeout 15 seconds and Smart Stay - On. I'm finding the screen timeouts pretty often while i'm attempting to read a pdf/magazine so I think i should set the timeout to something like 1 minute. What's everyone's else settings and any other consideration i should implement? Does the Smart Stay work as advertised?

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This will help a bit, but only while charging. Go into Settings>About Device. Tap the Build Number at least seven times quickly. This will turn on Developer Mode. Close (quit completely out) Settings. Go back to Settings. You should see Developer Settings above About Device on the left. Go in, check Stay Awake. The screen will now stay on while charging even after the time out period expires, although it WILL dim first.

Last edited:

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have mine set to go off after 10 minutes, though I could probably change it to 5 minutes. I just want it to shut off on my terms - not automatically or arbitrarily! I don't use the smart stay on either, but that's just the way I like to use it. My tab s2 case has the magnetic sleep / wake feature, so if I want to stop and take a break from reading at any time, I just close the case and reopen it again when I'm ready to return to my reading.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Galaxy Tab S 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers