Is the 8.0 S2 worth the buy?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the tab S2 since a couple places have them on sale for $50 off but not sure if an 8 inch one is worth it when I already got a Note 5.

I would be using it to read books and articles for school so would a larger tablet be better?

If I want a 9.7 inch screen would the Tab A be good too? I can't see spending $450 to 500 bucks on a tablet when that is starting to enter laptop territory and might as well buy a second laptop.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an 8 inch tab and just got the larger 9.7 S2. I love it. I have two.laptops as well. I am a gadget person and use them all. Have the Note 4. I am thrilled with the S2. Well worth it in the 9.7 inch screen

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You might try going to Best Buy or somewhere that sells them and handle one directly.

Does Best Buy match amazon price if it's sold from Amazon themselves? I know I price match with them on stuff like cell phone cases and stuff but I didn't know if tablets and that count as well.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have the S 2 8" and 9.7". Love them both but the 9.7 just a bit more. I watch a lot of ESPN and the larger screen really makes a big difference.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from Bestbuy, and got them to price match Amazon. Paid $399 for the 32GB 9.7. I have the Note 5 and I couldn't see myself getting the 8.0. I also got a keyboard case and an S mouse and it is almost as good as a laptop. Your choice but I would recommend the 9.7 Tab S2.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought both sizes to see which one I would like more and settled on the 8 inch as I needed portability more than anything else. I liked the size, screen, feel of it but I ended up returning it as well as I couldn't get more than 4 hours of screen time. I also had other battery issues as well (standby time wasn't that bad but when lower than 30% it would drop fast and at 10% I'd be lucky to get 5 more minutes). The amount of Samsung bloatware (especially the stuff you can't disable) was too much for me as well. Mine also had a creaky back panel.

I may have just had a lemon but I think even the best screen time you will get is about 6 hours and I need something that will last longer.

Loved the size and 4:3 screen ratio though. Too bad there aren't many android tablets with it as there is nothing else for me to consider at this point other than a much more expensive iPad mini.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I've owned 4 different samsung tablets and I can say without a doubt that this is the best tablet I've ever owned. I get about 8-9 hours of Internet time (people who say they only get 4 hrs, I have no idea how that happens)

As for complaining about bloatware (or touchwiz for that matter), these are not valid complaints. If you do your research before buying, you'd know that all samsung tablets come with bloatware and touchwiz, so why buy it if you already know it's there? It's like buying a 4 wheel drive vehicle and complaining because it has 4 wheel drive. Dah!😀

This is a great tablet with a fast cpu, 3 megs of ram, lots of storage memory and an awesome screen....every bit as good as the iPad screen.

Let me save you the trouble if you own a nexus or ipad, you'll probably hate this, so don't buy it. 😂

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have last year's Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and still love it. The 16:10 screen is
just perfect for watching Netflix, YouTube, as well 1080p MKV videos that
I ripped from my Blu-ray discs.

I just bought the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 because I want to try something different.
(mostly for the 4:3 aspect ratio, which is the same as my iPad Air 2)

I can't really be sure, but my new S2 seems to be slightly better picture than
my old S.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, this is probably the best tablet I think I've ever owned. While I'm not a big fan of the Samsung TouchWiz software, this tablet is great and it has reasonably decent battery life. I put it in a case I purchased on Amazon, and I take it pretty much everywhere with me. Is his even replaced my iPad Mini is my daily tablet

This tablet with the 32 Gigabyte card I added does everything I wanted to do and then some. While expensive, I am certainly not disappointed.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm normally an 8 inch tablet girl, i had the samsung 8 inch tab pro for about 3 yrs and i loved it. My hubby brought me the S2 9.7 for Xmas n i thought i would hate the size at first. I had even gone to Best Buy and examined both. But i really wanted the 8.0. Needless to say, hubby accidentally brought the wrong size....well best accident that ever happened. I was surprised at how light it was. Very fast n battery life is decent. I easily get 6 hours use and rarely have gone less than 50%. Now i don't watch movies on my tablets, i mainly use mines for browsing, and alot of reading. I also have a 64g samsung card inserted in mine. Take the plunge with the 9.7, you won't regret it. I love the screen and the easiness of use. I will say that i am a Samsung girl, i have the Note 5 and have owned most products they sell. I haven't owned a laptop yet. As i really like Apple for those.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital