Faulty screen Samsung Galaxy TabS2 9.7, where can I get this fixed?

A

AC Question

Faulty screen Samsung Galaxy TabS2 9.7

I purchased this device early December and it was opened Christmas day. It was used until the battery run out and was put on charge. After charging the screen never worked again.

I contacted Samsung repair and sent the device off. Got a reply a few days later with a picture of a crack in the screen (its not the glass it is the underneath part I believe). There was no sign of ware when I posted them my tablet. I was told the engineer reported that the item had been misused and they have sent me a bill for £160 to repair it.

I am now in dispute with Samsung as the tablet was never misused. I have read similar reports to mine stating the screen stopped working after charging and have told Samsung about this but they are not interested in helping me. I went to the retailer who sold me the tablet but they are saying I have to take this up with Samsung. I am going round in circles and getting nowhere. Any advice on how to deal with this would be much appreciated or any reports of the same device going wrong may help. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Faulty screen Samsung Galaxy TabS2 9.7

Welcome to Android Central! That's an unfortunate situation. The problem is that it's their word against yours, and they have photographic documentation while you have none. It would've been ideal if you had taken a photo of the tablet just before sending it back, but of course, hardly anyone would think of doing this if there was no obvious damage to begin with.

The only thing I can suggest is to call Samsung support and make your way up the customer support chain. Politely explain the situation, and if you can't get it resolved to your satisfaction, kindly ask to speak with the next supervisor up the chain. Always speak calmly and cordially, and never sound upset or belligerent, because that will make them shut you out more quickly. Mention how loyal a Samsung customer you've been, and how top notch their customer service has always been (even if this isn't true).

Good luck!

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Did you happen to mail it with some kind of shipping that provided insurance for the item enclosed? If so, and Samsung is still unwilling to help you, it may be time to file a claim with the shipping provider.

Posted via the Android Central App

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

I have some sympathy. I had a new device delivered last year with a very similar damage that you describe, a 2 inch arc crack in the digitiser, with no outward sign of any damage whatsoever, either on the box, or device. I have seen a couple of other images of identical damage. The device was returned but only after a huge round of dispute and paypal buyer protecting me thank goodness. Once returned the original supplier sent me additional photos where more damage of the same kind was evident on the opposite angle edge.
This makes me think that for some units their could be a manufacturer issue, potentially causing stress cracks. We now have a couple of devices that we use that are fine, but suspect that there are some troubled tablets out there.

barkman

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi so I am having the same problem with my S2, Sent it for warranty repair to a 3rd party company that Samsung told me to send it to because the screen is dead, they say it is not covered by warranty because the LSD is cracked, there is not so much as a scratch anywhere on it, I spent 2 hours on the phone with Samsung I ended up talking to a manager, who was not to interested in helping me, until I gave him my opinion on the 3rd party company that decides if it is warranty or not, I think they charge you for the repair then submit a warranty charge to Samsung.

The manager didn't disagree with me, then said I should get the tab back from the 3rd party company, take pictures of it and send them directly to him.

Now I am waiting to get it back. Not sure how it will play out.

shstrang98

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

So is it policy now for Samsung techs to break the display and then say "Uhoh, not covered by warranty?"
I must admit that it would be an excellent way to cut down on warranty repair expenditures.

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Here is an example of the fault that my tab had, note this was 10 seconds after opening the package, and not a single flaw on the screen or edge of the unit. I suspect that this is either a stress fracture, from the assembly of the device or a shock from transport that makes the inside components cause the fracture without any damage, so a bit like a brain moving inside the skull in a concussion incident. I'm betting that others are seeing these types of cracks in the same place, upper left or lower right when looking in portrait. I was lucky and 'won' my dispute only due to buyer protection, otherwise I would have had no seeming way to convince supplier that I had caused the damage.

Attachments

• 16922.jpg
    16922.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 22

Dee S

May 19, 2014
Visit site

The fault on my friends tab S2 9.7 is a black screen and it charges with sound but no images. It's a new one and has had it 5 months. Does it need a soft reset and how do you do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21