SD card unexpectedly removed

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be a mechanical problem with the tray or the contacts inside the tab. If i is, it has to go to a repair shop. (It could also be a problem with the card.)

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Try another sd card before you send it back. I had the same problem with my Tab 3, turns out it was a corrupt SD card. Changed the card and all was well.

Posted via the Android Central App

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So far the fix has been to put two layers of masking tape on the back of the card and tray, then stuff it back in. I haven't had a problem since. I'm using a Samsung pro 32gb micro SD card. Either way, Samsung screwed up again. Either their cards don't fit right, or their card socket isn't designed correctly.

markclay

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I have had 2 new DROID MAXX 2 phones, and 3 SD cards. All do the same thing. The newest card went about a week and then ejects about every 15 to 30 minutes. I can remove and reinstall and it works for another 15 minutes then fails... I can reboot phone and it works for maybe a half hour. Almost has to be OS I think. REALLY GETTING OLD... I PUT EVERYTHING ON THAT SD CARD... It fails while setting on the desk and no one around.. no jiggle no bumping...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol