Next gen Tab S2 (S3?) with s pen support?

cygnus11

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question. I apologize if it isn't.

Does anyone know about Samsung's plans for their next iteration of the Tab S2? Specifically, I would love to get a premium tablet from Samsung with s-pen support. I know the Tab A has this feature, but I was hoping that their next flagship tablets would also get this feature. I haven't seen much information leaked about the possible Tab S3, so I thought I would ask this community.

Is the s-pen functionality just not that popular? I would think that since competitors from both Apple and MS have high end tablets with stylus technology, Samsung would make their s-pen feature more widely available across their tablet product line.

izanaki

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think we will see another tablet from Samsung with S Pen support. The question is whether it will be the Tab S3 or a new note tablet.

Stephen Spackman

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I've not had the Tab S2 but a few weeks. I'll hold off one a new tablet for at least a year or 2.

To be honest, I don't see what they can improve apart from better battery and more than a years worth of updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

cygnus11

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree, there is not much that needs to be "upgraded" on the S2. The performance, the build quality, the beautiful screen are all top-notch. I really just wish it had s-pen support. I love using a tablet as a digital drawing platform. I have the Surface 3, and I do really like the pen feature. But the Windows 10 platform is lacking in app support compared to Android.

I will keep my hopes up that Samsung will soon introduce my version of a "perfect" tablet - basically an S2 with an s-pen or a refresh of their note tablets.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, there is not much that needs to be "upgraded" on the S2. The performance, the build quality, the beautiful screen are all top-notch. I really just wish it had s-pen support. I love using a tablet as a digital drawing platform. I have the Surface 3, and I do really like the pen feature. But the Windows 10 platform is lacking in app support compared to Android.

I will keep my hopes up that Samsung will soon introduce my version of a "perfect" tablet - basically an S2 with an s-pen or a refresh of their note tablets.

Couldn't have said it better myself, our situations are very similar. I love the S2 and it's my main access to the internet. I use a plain old stylus with it, but was virtually ignorant of the s-pen until I got the Note 5. Now I lust for the s-pen on my tablet. If Sammy comes out with a Tab S3 with the pen, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

(I also have a Surface machine, and agree - app support just cripples it. I was hoping to make it my main internet machine, but it mostly just sits, gathering dust.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01