Does Samsung not care about their tablets?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
With a company as large as Samsung, you'd think their flagship tablet would be a priority for software support. I still can't believe they haven't at least included the theme store.

There is no reason the tablets without carrier branding shouldn't receive updates shortly after they are released by Google--security updates or major updates. Samsung is the king of the Android market, and smaller companies release updates faster than they do.

There is nothing broken that needs to be fixed, but the lack of things such as the theme store and the newest Samsung browser is frustrating. Samsung needs to fire whoever is in charge of this department.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Not for me...never use my phone at home...much prefer tablet but to each his own...

Posted via the Android Central App
I'm the same way. I wish I had the extra money for a new Surface Pro. A full PC inside of a tablet would be amazing. However, it's a lot of money to spend on something that won't last nearly as long as a PC. I have too much buyer's remorse on expensive purchases (for myself) to ever get one. I wouldn't feel like I was settling for a Samsung if they would actually offer decent software support.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
With a company as large as Samsung, you'd think their flagship tablet would be a priority for software support. I still can't believe they haven't at least included the theme store.

There is no reason the tablets without carrier branding shouldn't receive updates shortly after they are released by Google--security updates or major updates. Samsung is the king of the Android market, and smaller companies release updates faster than they do.

There is nothing broken that needs to be fixed, but the lack of things such as the theme store and the newest Samsung browser is frustrating. Samsung needs to fire whoever is in charge of this department.

I couldn't agree more !

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
It's why I can't do any tablets except an iPad. Well, that and battery life. I really wish someone would make a premium Android tablet with 10+ hour battery life and updated it quickly for a few years.

Trankster

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just to offer another opinion, my S2 does everything I want it to do very well and is the most stable error-free tablet I have owned. I could care less about upgrading the OS. Samsung is historically slow on system upgrades, so what.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Just to offer another opinion, my S2 does everything I want it to do very well and is the most stable error-free tablet I have owned. I could care less about upgrading the OS. Samsung is historically slow on system upgrades, so what.

I agree 100%. I was reluctant to buy this tablet due to the several poor experiences I've had in the past (Transformer Prime & Nexus 7 2012). This tablet is an absolute power house. If it's not brokem, please don't fix it.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree!.. unless something is Broken.. and it's not as far as the Galaxy Tab S2 is concerned, so unless a new version of Android is warranted to make user interaction better or more secure... The Android version updates don't always benifit the user...
I have some issues with new 'N' version?
But since it isn't out,
but to only a few, might be when it gets to me those issues might be worked out.

I use to take my Windows 10 Two in One Laptop/Tablet in which has poor battery life, excellent keyboard at a cost in thickness & weight
For which there is no better setup than the Samsung Galaxy S2 & Keyboard combination for an avid typing user, my typing skils are poor to average,
but my wife can type Warp-Speed on my 'S2- w/Samsung Keyboard!...
So my New Galaxy Tab 9.7 S2 SMT-817T has become my main mobile device when I go out,
I even made a Tablet Strap Look pics below;

20160424_193325.jpg
20160424_193128.jpg
so that I slip my hands between preventing dropping it.... :(
To a much more comfortable feel when walking with it.... .:)

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100%. I was reluctant to buy this tablet due to the several poor experiences I've had in the past (Transformer Prime & Nexus 7 2012). This tablet is an absolute power house. If it's not brokem, please don't fix it.

I agree with both of you also. I really enjoy using my tab S2 especially for reading. And its battery life is phenomenal compared to my Nexus 7 2013. (Although I love my Nexus 7 2013 for using at doctor and dentist offices etc, plus my N7 fits nicely into the front pocket of my baggy jeans fairly easily).

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I completely agree. I don't understand people who buy a device with one of the considerations being how quickly will it be updated. That's like admitting that it doesn't do what you want it do right now.

bstrom

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here - it's my first Samsung tab but I love it. Handy, easy to use, reliable - maybe an end of model sample is better than earlier ones, dunno. For $299 at BBuy I can't really complain. The iPad2 is too heavy and getting slower all the time. This goes with me everywhere for pix, video and many files on a 128GB card. I'm loaded for bear!

Will replace it in a few years I'm sure for a much better model but until then should be pretty happy. Some of you guys have had tabs a lot longer so are much more sensitive. I just use mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad