Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 - screen often won't unlock, why?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" - screen often won't unlock

I have the Samsung 'Book Cover' attached. Most of the time when I open the cover the screen switches on, however several times a day it doesn't. Sometimes I can get it back by pressing the power button for a few seconds, mostly I have to close the cover, wait, then try again. Often it then comes back on the next open, sometimes I have to wait a few minutes.

Occasionally after a long wait (or long power button) I get a popup that some process (it varies) is waiting - wait or cancel? Wait or cancel causes the popup to go away and everything seems to be running....

I disabled the accessory option for the cover but it made no difference. I have Nova Launcher installed but I removed that too and still have issues.

I have the latest SW updates (sorry don't have the tablet handy to check version nrs etc)

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" - screen often won't unlock

Maybe the cover that you get is defective. Try to get a replacement if there is a warranty for it. Usually samsung original accesories have limited warranty. And sre you sure you are using original one from samsung?

Posted with ❤Love❤

pinthenet

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

Thanks, yes, it's the original.
I'll do some more tests then contact the supplier - I wouldn't really expect much to go wrong with a piece of plastic and a magnet....

pinthenet

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

A few weeks later.....

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the cover - the problem also occurs with the cover detached, in fact without the cover it seems worse. WIth the cover attached I can usually close then open the cover again and it starts up after 2 or 3 tries (usually with a longer pause in between), but without the cover I had worse results and had more difficult reactivating the display.

Would a full factory reset help? I seem to remember I had problems from shortly after I purchased the Tab

It seems I'm alone with this problem....

John

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

A few weeks later.....

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the cover - the problem also occurs with the cover detached, in fact without the cover it seems worse. WIth the cover attached I can usually close then open the cover again and it starts up after 2 or 3 tries (usually with a longer pause in between), but without the cover I had worse results and had more difficult reactivating the display.

Would a full factory reset help? I seem to remember I had problems from shortly after I purchased the Tab

It seems I'm alone with this problem....

John

Have you spoken with Samsung about the problem. If the unit is still under warranty, I would request a replacement unit. If thw warranty is gone, inquire about sending it to Sammy Service for repair, Short of that, I don't have any more suggestions.