Updated Tab S2 or wait for Tab S3

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am wanting to replace my Nexus 7 and am looking at the Tab S2 8". Do you think there will be a Tab S3 released in the near future even though they just released an updated Tab S2 (SM-T713). Amazon has the new Tab S2 for $299 and its ships with 6.0.1.

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most Samsung tablets are usually released in Q3, so if you can wait, I'd wait to see what they announce alongside the Note 7. If not, the S2 would be OK. Although I don't like the screen ratio, so I'd stick to the original Tab S series just because of that, but it's not updated to Marshmallow yet.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has released an updated Tab S2 that is shipping with Marshmallow which is odd since the original Tab S2 doesn't have it yet with a few exceptions. Since they just refreshed the Tab S2 with new processor it makes me wonder if they are going to release a Tab S3.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will, maybe they won't... They might be putting all their tablet eggs in the Windows 10 basket, though. Especially since their Surface clone is getting such great reviews.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I doubt Samsung will do that. Samsung will probably release a new Galaxy Tab S device. Especially since the Tab S and S2 sold fairly well.

Besides, Samsung Android devices almost always have good sales and reviews. I think they are smart for manufacturing a good Windows 10 hybrid though. The hybrid market is really starting to heat up I think.

bstrom

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Bought my S2 a week ago at BBuy for $299. It's strange to have a had a few backpeddled specs from the S but I'm in love with this thing. If I gotta upgrade in another year or so I'm cool with that...somebody will want this model even then, I'm sure.

Last edited: