how do i transfer a dvd to tab s2

dick6800

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have purchased a number of TV programmes on DVD. I would like to watch them on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
I dont seem to be able to find how to load the DVDs onto my Mac Laptop and then transfer it over.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You'll need a 'DVD Ripper' program. Basically you need to convert the video on the DVD to a valid video file supported by your device (usually MP4 is a very safe bet). You may be able to find free ones, but usually the paid options have easier settings and make the process more straight forward (not to mention might circumvent some protections on DVD content the free ones might not).

I know iTunes can do this for audio from CDs (turn them into MP3), but not sure if it can do the same for video (I doubt it).

Kathy Shaw

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
As your Galaxy Galaxy Tab S2 has no built-in DVD drive or DVD decoding software for playing TV programs DVD, therefore, the best convenient way to get TV programs DVD played on DVD is transcoding DVD to Galaxy Tab S2 compatible digital video formats such as mp4, h.264, wmv or audio formats mp3, wav, eaac, wma, etc with a DVD Ripper software. A friend recommendeds me to use Pavtube DVDAid, he really appreciate this program since it allows him to output Galaxy Tab S2 specially optimized file formats.

robie tse

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Galaxy S2 specs:
Video Recording : QHD (2560 x 1440) @ 30fps
Video Playback : UHD (3840 x 2160) @ 30fps
Video Playing Format: MP4, WMV, AVI, 3GP
Audio Playing Format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTASuper AMOLED

Any of these 6 free DVD rippers can help you rip DVD to Galaxy S2 format at zero cost. I can just remember winx free dvd ripper provides an option for "Galaxy", because i've ripped several DVDs to my previous HTC one phone....