new S2 with marshmallo will not auto time

tosterhouse

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with level 2 tech support at Samsung and they informed me that my brand new S2 tablet 9.7 inch will not support automatic time zone changes. Since I travel into many time zones this is very important to me but I was told by the tech support person that apparently this is a problem or a bug in the S2 tablet the old version of Android worked fine the new marshmallow version does not support this he suggested I return my device where I purchased it.
So apparently I have to return unfortunately to an Apple device

Posted via the Android Central App

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with level 2 tech support at Samsung and they informed me that my brand new S2 tablet 9.7 inch will not support automatic time zone changes. Since I travel into many time zones this is very important to me but I was told by the tech support person that apparently this is a problem or a bug in the S2 tablet the old version of Android worked fine the new marshmallow version does not support this he suggested I return my device where I purchased it.
So apparently I have to return unfortunately to an Apple device

Don't be sad you will be very happy.
I just made contact with someone who has confirmed what many here are posting. The volume on their S2 is very low with the updste. Normally the fix would be nothing more than another update but we shall see. I have an air2. There is nothing to complain about. I do wish they will get things wright at samsung because this is a very enjoyable tablet with the update NOT installed on it. 5.0.1 that is.

9 11 01 Never Forget.
-----------------------

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't be sad you will be very happy.
I just made contact with someone who has confirmed what many here are posting. The volume on their S2 is very low with the updste. Normally the fix would be nothing more than another update but we shall see. I have an air2. There is nothing to complain about. I do wish they will get things wright at samsung because this is a very enjoyable tablet with the update NOT installed on it. 5.0.1 that is.

9 11 01 Never Forget.
-----------------------
Agree, I'm still enjoying my tab s2 with 5.1.1 and have no issues...it's flawless with lollipop..made sure that I turned off auto update

Last edited:

tosterhouse

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Not having automatic time zone is a real issue.
Will samsung address this issue?
Or, should I revert back to apple

Tape Duct

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Or, should I revert back to apple
It's that important that you would switch to Apple? It would have to be very important in order for me to switch to Apple. I have a MacBook Pro but I do not like how the iPads lack of SD card slots and other standard options that most tablets have, I don't like keeping my info out in the cloud. I would think that there is an APP for what you want. The MB and S2 work together very well, so well when I'm on the Apple site it lists my S2 as an iPad, running iOS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance